sick, failing in school, lonliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn560

Reaction score
hi im new here, so my life was ok until i was 17. i started feeling really sick started gaining weight hair falling out feeling tired turns out i have thyroid issues. i been to so many drs and im not getting any better. i have been taking so many pils to try and get well but i ended up getting worse. i had to take a yr off from university because of this and since starting back in 2013 ive been failing, the way i loook now all my "friends" turned their backs on me, everyone stares at me like im a freak, nobody wants to talk to me, i have no friends because of this im angry all the time, before i was ill i had long hair, a girlfriend, and was popular in school. ive gotten so depressed and sick that for finals i got ill and was hospitalized for a few days and ended up failing my finals and got kicked out of university. i have heart problems now and im only 20yrs old i dont feel very well and my parents are cheap, they dont want to take me to drs becuz they think its a waste... i look like crap and feel like it too. everyone else is happy they have gfs and group of friends they go out and chill with im just stuck in a house with my family who just loves to argue and fight. i turned 20 this yr and idk what i did to deserve this kind of torture, im tired and fed up, im such a fxckin loser will this nightmare ever end? tbh i had enough i cant take it no more i been going strong since 17 but i cant go on no more :'(..........:(

dn560 said:
hi im new here, so my life was ok until i was 17. i started feeling really sick started gaining weight hair falling out feeling tired turns out i have thyroid issues. i been to so many drs and im not getting any better. i have been taking so many pils to try and get well but i ended up getting worse. i had to take a yr off from university because of this and since starting back in 2013 ive been failing, the way i loook now all my "friends" turned their backs on me, everyone stares at me like im a freak, nobody wants to talk to me, i have no friends because of this im angry all the time, before i was ill i had long hair, a girlfriend, and was popular in school. ive gotten so depressed and sick that for finals i got ill and was hospitalized for a few days and ended up failing my finals and got kicked out of university. i have heart problems now and im only 20yrs old i dont feel very well and my parents are cheap, they dont want to take me to drs becuz they think its a waste... i look like crap and feel like it too. everyone else is happy they have gfs and group of friends they go out and chill with im just stuck in a house with my family who just loves to argue and fight. i turned 20 this yr and idk what i did to deserve this kind of torture, im tired and fed up, im such a fxckin loser will this nightmare ever end? tbh i had enough i cant take it no more i been going strong since 17 but i cant go on no more :'(..........:(

Sorry to hear about the situation you are in, that must be so horrible :( First of all though, you are not a freak or a loser. Once you get knocked down it's hard to get back up again and it's so much easier to be mean to yourself. But you're the one that needs you most of all. You've had a tough time so give yourself the support you need, and that is the hardest obstacle you will face, but if you get there it will be such a good thing.

My advice would be to focus on things step by step, little things that will make you feel positive and healthier day to day. Find out what would motivate you to change all the things that you despise about your current situation and channel it into something productive. And I know that this is so much easier said than done. Don't give up, don't compare yourself to others and don't give up on finding help. No matter how bad it seems now, life is worth it.

Sorry, this probably all sounds very vague and unimportant to you. But I'll be your friend if you need one :) I'm only 21 so I can understand how you may want so much but feel like you're achieving so little and failing to get anywhere.

Sorry to hear how things have turned out. I hope things start getting better for you.

Welcome to the forum.

Hey, I had a similar issue with the thyroid. Except mine was more than what I expected it to be.

How come you're not getting any better if they have identified you have thyroid issues? Are they not giving you the right dosages of thyroxine?

I've been through what you've been through but now that they managed to find the right dosage I need, it's getting better - except for the breathlessness. I also hate how it affects your hair, I'm only thankful I had a lot of hair before but now it's thinner. It sucks but I don't know what else to do.

Not having sufficient thyroxine definitely can mess you up, mentally and physically. One of the effects is depression so I know what that's like. Feel free to PM me if you like, let me know how I can help you with this, since I've been through something similar. Take care, please.

Hey dn560! First of all, if you ever need someone to talk to im here and ill get back to ya as soon as I can. Also you're not a loser or anything close to that, you're just going through a rough time right now. I was in a similar situation to yours after I graduated from high school. I too thought I was a loser, and even had suicidal thoughts but trust me, I know everything says this, but everything will get better. Just hang in there and stay strong. I'm not saying I have this awesome life now, because I don't. But i've learned how to cope with things much better and have a much better understanding of life as well. You'll pull through, but you have to TRY and make a change because nobody will do it for you. Only you know what you have to do.

And just remember, when life puts you in tough situations, dont' say "why me?" but instead say "try me." Hah! I found that quote on tumblr a while back. :p

ladyforsaken said:
Hey, I had a similar issue with the thyroid. Except mine was more than what I expected it to be.

How come you're not getting any better if they have identified you have thyroid issues? Are they not giving you the right dosages of thyroxine?

I've been through what you've been through but now that they managed to find the right dosage I need, it's getting better - except for the breathlessness. I also hate how it affects your hair, I'm only thankful I had a lot of hair before but now it's thinner. It sucks but I don't know what else to do.

Not having sufficient thyroxine definitely can mess you up, mentally and physically. One of the effects is depression so I know what that's like. Feel free to PM me if you like, let me know how I can help you with this, since I've been through something similar. Take care, please.

yea thyroid problems are the worst problems, i been on medication for 3yrs an tbh im just getting worse i even developed heart problems some days i feel alrightish and some days i have to lay down for most of the day and boy has the depression got to me, i'll message u some time i really cud use a fellow thyroid patient's response. thanks

dn560 said:
yea thyroid problems are the worst problems, i been on medication for 3yrs an tbh im just getting worse i even developed heart problems some days i feel alrightish and some days i have to lay down for most of the day and boy has the depression got to me, i'll message u some time i really cud use a fellow thyroid patient's response. thanks

Your doctor should be adjusting your thyroxine dosage then.. you should let him know the details of what you're feeling. :\

I got diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 4-5 years ago and I've been taking L-Thyrox pills every day ever since. I had thyroiditis for some time as well (Hashimoto's Type II or something), but that's barely visible on my yearly ultrasonic-screening these days. My dosage has been increased from 50 µg over 75 µg to 100 µg to counteract the deterioration over the years. Now my condition is mostly stabilized. I've resigned to the fact that I'll have to take these pills all my life...it could be a lot worse.

When I was still in school I had to deal with massive emotional ups and downs as well - puberty plus thyroid dysfunction is a hazardous combination I guess. Physically I was still capable to do most things, even rode my bike to school every day - I still had mediocre endurance but I couldn't really do any 'hard work' without getting exhausted really fast. Didn't have too much trouble focussing on things, probably because I was already taking the right dosage before and during finals.

Socially it didn't hit me too hard since I've been an unpopular and glum fellow before.

Sorry to hear you go through it too, Rodent. Yeah the doctor should be able to get you on the right dosage that keeps you stabilised. And yeah sucks that it has to be taken for the rest of your life. But as you said, it could have been worst. That's all I think of to be grateful...

It's really interesting to hear how many people on ALL have issues with their thyroid. I had never considered this a possible contributing factor to loneliness before.

I've definately heard of links between the Thyroid and depression..and then the interlink between depression and loneliness...I don't know how readily available a medical test is but it seems that it should be taken into account re depression...feeding loneliness
David

sothatwasmylife said:
I've definately heard of links between the Thyroid and depression..and then the interlink between depression and loneliness...I don't know how readily available a medical test is but it seems that it should be taken into account re depression...feeding loneliness
David

Yes I guess I just didn't think that far. I'm aware of the link between Thyroid problems and Depression but didn't make the final link to loneliness in my head. Now that you've said it, it seems painfully obvious. I should have made the connection sooner.

Thyroid > Depression > Loneliness

Latest posts

Back