Hey any one watches animes?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagger

Reaction score
I am looking for friends that I can relate to. My favorite anime is One piece tell me your favorite anime?

I saw Captain Tylor, that was pretty cool. I liked Kino's Journey as well. And I wanted to finish watching BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad. What's One Piece about?

Also, I know it's not an anime show but still anime drawing style - my friend once lent me the manga, "Bakuman". It's a story of two friends who team up to create a graphic novel - one illustrator, and one writer. I enjoyed that very much and would love to read the rest of the issues. I think I read the first three or so.

I watch anime all the time. Try Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne. It's on Netflix if you have a subscription to that. Don't know if you can relate to it much, but I thought it was great.

TheSkaFish said:
I saw Captain Tylor, that was pretty cool. I liked Kino's Journey as well. And I wanted to finish watching BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad. What's One Piece about?

Also, I know it's not an anime show but still anime drawing style - my friend once lent me the manga, "Bakuman". It's a story of two friends who team up to create a graphic novel - one illustrator, and one writer. I enjoyed that very much and would love to read the rest of the issues. I think I read the first three or so.

One piece is about a boy named Monky D. Luffy who gets streching powers from eating the devil fruit but if you eat a devil fruit you can't swim or you'll drown. He goes on a journy for the One piece it's a treasure that strarted the pirate era. The show is very funny and epic you should watch it.

I do like some Anime but it's not something I usually like to reveal, because I can't stand typical Anime fans. So it's a bit of a guilty pleasure but I don't care enough not to say from time to time, that Animes I have enjoyed are:

Mushi-Shi
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied
Cowboy Bebop
Texhnolyze
Attack on Titan
Clannad After Story
Gantz

Deathnote and Fullmetal Alchemist were OK.

I love anime.
Blood+, Bleach, Gravitation, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl), Mirage of Blaze, Read or Die, Gallery Fake, Honey and CLover, Vampire Knight, Spiral, Full Metal Panic, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho and others (long list).

If your favorite anime (although I prefer manga) is One piece, we´re gonna get along just fine:) Because its my favorite as well...
Not to mention tons of them, Hikaru no Go and Samurai champloo also hold a special place in my heart.
And as others mentioned, Mushishi is a true beauty, Full Metal Alchemist I think is one of the top animes in the shonen genre (Brotherhood at least).
Of other previously mentioned, I only read the manga, and that is Bakuman, which is very good in my opinion (although I do have some complains:/ ), and Hayate no Gotoku I also like, but note sure if its for everyone.

But hey, I got too excited, the first few mentioned should be enough:)
Btw, I see you are rather new so welcome!

Only watched Death Note and Code Geass so far. I'm weird in that i always want to know for sure beforehand if the series is going to be worth my time/enjoyable enough, lol.

Attack on Titan is pretty good. A little slow at first. And by a little, I mean a whole lot. But it's good once it gets going.

Cowboy Bebop <3!

I also very much loved Darker Than Black and Samurai Champloo [Both of these tell many short-stories within the core narrative, and they're all simply excellent].

Durarara!!! is a wild "Slice-of-Life" story that has lots of paranormal and outrageous aspects to it. This is an anime that is impossible to watch without identifying significantly with at least one characters. It's an excellent story, and a very well done show.

Code Geass and Death Note I also very much enjoyed.

I'm more of a manga guy though, TBH. I like reading, and hardly watch anything, be it movies or television. But when I do, it's usually the anime of a great manga or light-novel I've read.

Subtitles. I'm also learning Japanese though, and choose subs for the listening comprehension though.

I've nothing against Dub though. Cowboy Bebop's was phenomenal. But I still prefer Japanese.

Cool, yeah i guess it helps in that situation. I tend to prefer dubs, because i seem to be more easily able to absorb the content when i hear it, rather than when i read it.

Rosebolt said:
Cool, yeah i guess it helps in that situation. I tend to prefer dubs, because i seem to be more easily able to absorb the content when i hear it, rather than when i read it.

I tend to gravitate toward dub with action animes, because I've definitely been a bit piqued when I missed something very flashy and exciting on-screen because I was roving my eyes over the bottom-of-screen script :p

It'd be neat if there was an option to choose sub/dub from services like Netflix or similar; I'd be much more interested in using them then.

Vote for Attack on Titan from me too! Awesome anime. I also recommend Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, amazing. *_*

I haven't watched anime in years, but when I did, my favorites were Yu Yu Hakusho and Fullmetal Alchemist (never saw Brotherhood though). I saw several others, but those were the two I liked best.

Rosebolt said:
I tend to prefer dubs, because i seem to be more easily able to absorb the content when i hear it, rather than when i read it.

^ Same here.

Latest posts

Back