Do you ever think about Suicide? (well, societal suicide)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
With the death of Robin Williams I started thinking about suicide ... I hate my current life and can't see anyway out for a while.. I am at a point were it is almost completely intolerable... but, I still can't quite get up for suicide. I just always want the ability to kind of sit quietly and play with a dog or watch tv or something.

I feel like I want more to commit social suicide. Quit my job with no income, burn through all my money, eat whatever the HECK I want, do whatever, and then... when I have nothing left... live off the government / live with a roommate.. make money by low level ripping people off or whatever I feel like in the moment.

Yes I have had thoughts like that. We working stiffs are all in the same boat, keeping society running for the miscreants at the top and bottom while we are run into the ground like dogs.

I have long thought about gaming the welfare system, but it's hard. It can backfire if you would have been better off working. The other problem is you can very easily fall into the wrong crowd when you have a devil may care attitude.

My own solution is to work but not give a honeysuckle. To pretend to care but in reality only do the minimum that is necessary, and make every use of the valuable time I have outside of work.

I was thinking about it before…

about the social, I don't think it is suicide at all, at the moment I have an underpaid but on the paper prestigious job, good career prospects, and I am seriously considering to leave everything to find more space to dedicate to relationships and just live more simply without having my brain drained for intellectual things, maybe dedicate my life to others, as my life is so useless and not enjoyable for me at the moment.

lonelydoc said:
Yes I have had thoughts like that. We working stiffs are all in the same boat, keeping society running for the miscreants at the top and bottom while we are run into the ground like dogs.

Bingo.

I would love not to give a honeysuckle but every time I make the slightest error my boss bothers me in a never ending cycle of harassment. It is like in office space, but imagine you made a mistake on your TSP report.

Boss:err, why did you make this mistake?
Me: I missed it, I apologize.
Boss2: Um boss one wanted to know why you made this mistake?
Me: As I said to him, I missed it, I apologize.
Boss 2: Boss one and boss two want to know why you made this mistake?
Me" As I said to boss one, and two, I missed it, I apologize.

Boss 1,2,3: We need to have a meeting about the many mistakes you are making.

Me: It was one!

Boss 1, that is insuborindate.
Boss 2, that could be insubordinate
Boss 3, that is close to being insubordinate

*** meanwhile ... I miss another deadline dealing with this all****

Boss 1, why did you miss another deadline..

6 more months!!!

LonelySutton said:
lonelydoc said:
I would love not to give a honeysuckle but every time I make the slightest error my boss bothers me in a never ending cycle of harassment. It is like in office space, but imagine you made a mistake on your TSP report.

Boss:err, why did you make this mistake?
Me: I missed it, I apologize.
Boss2: Um boss one wanted to know why you made this mistake?
Me: As I said to him, I missed it, I apologize.
Boss 2: Boss one and boss two want to know why you made this mistake?
Me" As I said to boss one, and two, I missed it, I apologize.

Boss 1,2,3: We need to have a meeting about the many mistakes you are making.

Me: It was one!

Boss 1, that is insuborindate.
Boss 2, that could be insubordinate
Boss 3, that is close to being insubordinate

*** meanwhile ... I miss another deadline dealing with this all****

Boss 1, why did you miss another deadline..

6 more months!!!

To Boss 1 I would've responded I'd prioritized other things and thank you for catching my slip, it's great you review my work.

To Boss 2 I would've responded that I've already met with the head honcho and it's been dealt with.

To Boss 3 I would've said there's too many Chiefs and not enough Indians in the office.

At the meeting I'd mention unnecessary meetings are cutting into my work time and that my ability to focus is compromised by these distractions.

P.S.- I'm not very P.C. :D

LonelySutton said:
It is like in office space, but imagine you made a mistake on your TSP report.

Have you seen my red stapler? I have a meeting with the Bobs in a few minutes and want to make sure I have a cover sheet on my TPS report.

Latest posts

Back