What is your outdoor entertainment?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 118636

Reaction score
Just wondering since many of the discussion about entertainment here seems to revolve around music and the like.

So I'm starting a thread just to discuss outdoor entertainment like hiking, camping, fishing, and biking.

I personally am trying to become a hiker. Been doing a few short hikes and found that it helps me a lot with my perspective on myself and my confidence.

I am also wanting to go fishing but I have no idea where to really get started on it with respect to finding a place that I would be allowed to fish at and the fishing license (I live in DC).

I'm wanting to bike more but I am so out of shape that I don't have the confidence to safely navigate DC's traffic yet. So I picked up a bike trainer for only $15 from goodwill and will be exercising until I get in better shape.

What is your favorite outdoor activities and how does it help you? :D

I like to ride a bike. Fresh air, no pollution and free excersize. And i get to travel slowly while doing it. :)

Does reading outside count as a outdoor activity?:) Or just being lazy overall, lying on the grass etc..?

Regardless, I salute all people who enjoy all of it, or force themselves to enjoy outdoor activities, its cool:)

P.S: Does riding a snowboard count? I wonder.

Peaches said:
hugging trees?

in two weeks I am going to learn to skate
i haven't roller skated since around 1976. I want to relearn that someday.

"I am also wanting to go fishing but I have no idea where to really get started on it with respect to finding a place that I would be allowed to fish at and the fishing license (I live in DC)."

Lostear, getting a fishing license is easy. You should be able to get one at Walmart. If not, Cabela's, Gander Mountain, Dick's and Bass Pro Shops has them, too.

As for finding a spot, look for smaller ponds in your area and as long as you don't see a "no fishing" sign you are good to go. I know quite a bit about fishing...especially using artificial baits, fresh and salt...so if you need any info PM me.

I take walks. Often I bring my camera along and keep an eye out for interesting things to take pictures of.

I enjoy swimming sometimes, stormwatching, horseback riding... Do bonfires count? I love bonfires.

I don't really do anything outdoors voluntarily. The last time I did was to fish with you and your wife :)

I like fishing and archery.

SophiaGrace said:
I don't really do anything outdoors voluntarily. The last time I did was to fish with you and your wife :)

I love archery! It's not easy to find a range around here though.

I'm not much of an outdoor person either, especially in the summer. Autumn's my season.

I like to go on walks and hikes. I like taking photos of the sites I see. I've got a hybrid bike, but I don't use it much. I like gardening a lot. Um... I guess that even though I spend half my life outside, the majority of my hobbies are inside ones!

Solivagant said:
I'm not much of an outdoor person either, especially in the summer. Autumn's my season.

This is me too. I don't really like summer much, I prefer the cooler months - autumn is my favourite. Can't say I'm really an outdoorsy person either - I like long, long walks, gardening if it's in a private space (can't stand being overlooked by people), just lazing around under a nice, shady tree somewhere reading a good book. Oh, and I like swimming too (OK...+1 for summer) Again, if it's in a private spot...not a fan of crowded beaches or public swimming pools, I like places off the beaten path.

Solivagant said:
SophiaGrace said:

Aah! I've always wanted to do archery!!

ladyforsaken said:
Solivagant said:
SophiaGrace said:

Aah! I've always wanted to do archery!!

Archery is fun. :) I learned from my dad how to do it, and took a P.E. class in it in college. It's not hard to learn and I'm sure you can either set up an archery range in your back yard or go to an indoor range near where you live if you don't live in a big city.

I have to force myself to do outdoor stuff. Unless it's nighttime, there's a bonfire, music, and a lot of beer.

I love gardening. I like seeing beautiful flowers and butterflies around them.. nature is a good therapy for me.

Latest posts

Back