One world government

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebolt

Hello. :)

What would you think of a one world government? Would you like it? And why? Or would you not like it? And why?

In case you need more specifications, lets just assume that your current government governs the world.

I'm eager to hear your responses! :)

You mean like a dictatorship? Those generally don't work out too well.

No, more like, for example you live in the US, and the Obama administration would instead be governing the whole word, instead of just America, without any governments in countries etc.

I think people (countries) would do better working with each other than against each other.

I´m personally a bigger believer in decentralization of the governing apparate, so no, I would not be in favor of having a One World Government. Its like OMG, but the filling is turned upside down:)

In my opinion, the power apparate too centralized is too far detached from problems of ordinary people to truly be able to recognize the real issues, and deal with them.
And also, I was always the paranoid one, so in case the ones at the top were bad ones, there would be almost no way of how to change things. If they were tyrants etc. I already see some people in my government who would crack a hyena smile when getting so much power.

To cut it short, the future of prosperous world, in my opinion, is so decentralized, that it may almost enter the realm of anarchy. That would be a long run thought.
And for that, I´m not a big a of the centralization tendencies (EU, re-emerging russian federation, North American Union, Islamic Khalifat etc...). Its often argued that the coalitions are made for more stability, and mutual help. I just never agreed that help and cooperation should be based upon a signed contract.

I don't see how one government could work for the many different cultures across the planet.
We all view things differently and would never accept being expected to follow the same rules and live in the same way as countries with completely different histories and expectations.

Jently said:
I don't see how one government could work for the many different cultures across the planet.
We all view things differently and would never accept being expected to follow the same rules and live in the same way as countries with completely different histories and expectations.

I agree.

Different countries could still have different laws under a one world government, but problems would arise. Different cultures have different ideals, so a government that was operated primarily by one country would never work.

There would have to be a world senate. Knowledge, power and resources would need to be shared. Every country would have to want to work towards the same goal at all times: Peace. The world isn't ready for that.

It could happen, but I doubt it will any time soon.

Locke said:
I agree.

Different countries could still have different laws under a one world government, but problems would arise. Different cultures have different ideals, so a government that was operated primarily by one country would never work.

There would have to be a world senate. Knowledge, power and resources would need to be shared. Every country would have to want to work towards the same goal at all times: Peace. The world isn't ready for that.

It could happen, but I doubt it will any time soon.

^ I also agree.

I think the purpose for that more than anything is for one nation to seize control of the currency.

America won't have to worry about budget deficits anymore. I'm not sure how it would intend to go down without the use of military force etc.

PieBeNice said:
Yes. We should call the new country Pieland. I shall be its glorious leader.

I'd lead the rebellion. It'll be quick and merciful.

The Brits tried it, boy oh boy did they fresia that up :D

one world government is inevitable.
eventually all of the world will become like one huge country, just like we will all evolve into a unified race.
those that feel we are all too different in one way or another and cannot imagine a government that can oversee a wide variety of regional needs, simply live in too small of a country imo.
I live in Canada, and we are already so vast from coast to coast, and made up of a true melting pot of races and extreme variations in geography, it isn't too hard to picture the world in the same way.
like provinces spread across the globe.
the main thing preventing this from happening in the foreseeable future is religion.
people that have nationalism views or racist attitudes will fade away sooner and easier than religious differences.
but it all has to develop in gradual stages.
we will not see an end to religious extremism until we can have proper education all over the world.
as an example, we can look at the middle east issues. people fighting for a tiny piece of land all based on religion. and the Palestinian people left to languish in camps (slums) with no school or form of education besides religion for multiple generations spawned terrorism.
it didn't spawn any Gandhi's or enlightened souls..
I think it will take a couple of hundred years still to get close to that stage unless there is some kind of major shift in the world. (aliens land? ice age hits?)

Latest posts

Back