Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever get that feeling?
Do you ever get that feeling of just wanting to roam? I don't mean like somewhere exotic but just like your local area or city?
What's even worse is when you get that 'wanderlust' feeling but you can't do anything about it!

"The fear of death is completely absurd because if you're dead you've got nothing to worry about, so you'll be alright." - Alan Watts

Yeah, pretty often. I'm never in a situation where i feel i can't do anything about it though.
I used to quite a bit. Whenever I drove down the highway and saw an interesting valley or hill, I would always wonder what was on the other side of it: Ancient Native American ruins? A gas station that had been abandoned 50 years earlier, on a lonely dirt road? An angry rancher telling me to get the hell off of his property?

I found all of that stuff and more when wandering. Even finding a secluded park that very few people in the city knew about was fun. I don't have the same passion and excitement for exploration anymore. It's still fun sometimes though.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
I get it all the time, but it's never really a problem - there is always somewhere new to discover. I've found deserted mine shafts, a cave system, an old deserted and derelict mill in the middle of a forest and various other things.
(08-24-2014, 01:48 PM)Locke Wrote: I used to quite a bit.
I don't have the same passion and excitement for exploration anymore. It's still fun sometimes though.

^ Likewise.
Yes, today I had to go up to the store, and I always pass a lake that's adjacent to an apartment complex, and today I stopped and parked, got out of the car, and moved my way down, stared at the water for a while. If I didn't hate driving so much, I'd do it more often, and somewhere more remote!
Aww. Now i just miss Solivagant.
Thankfully the area I live in is pretty nice so there's room to roam. I live out in the suburbs but I'd love the city, there's so many interesting places tucked away.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
I like to roam, I take walks or bike rides almost daily. There isn't really anyplace to go though, no places to go off the beaten path. Just suburban sprawl for miles in every direction. It would be nice if there were some more open spaces around here. Even though it's a suburb and not a city, everything is so tightly packed together. I feel like there's no space where I can just get away from people for a while and be alone with my thoughts.

Fellow wanderers, where do you like to wander to? Do you just walk, or do you listen to music, or take a pencil and paper with you and write down ideas or observations? Do you take pictures? Just wondering what else people do when they go exploring.
If you are interested in connecting on Skype or Facebook, send me a Private Message here and I'll get back to you.
(10-07-2016, 09:01 AM)TheSkaFish Wrote: I like to roam, I take walks or bike rides almost daily.  There isn't really anyplace to go though, no places to go off the beaten path.  Just suburban sprawl for miles in every direction.  It would be nice if there were some more open spaces around here.  Even though it's a suburb and not a city, everything is so tightly packed together.  I feel like there's no space where I can just get away from people for a while and be alone with my thoughts.

Fellow wanderers, where do you like to wander to?  Do you just walk, or do you listen to music, or take a pencil and paper with you and write down ideas or observations?  Do you take pictures?  Just wondering what else people do when they go exploring.

The subway to my workplace ends at the airport. So often I just want to continue on, buy a ticket, and go someplace, anyplace. Ska, why don't you wanderlust in a plane? 

When I don't want to spend money I use my train pass to go into the city and check out other train lines. I might take photos but I mostly just watch and look.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now? Skorian 6,071 618,010 Yesterday, 08:45 AM
Last Post: humourless
  The feeling of sometimes just being misunderstood.... mermaid11 9 4,936 01-03-2016, 08:15 AM
Last Post: LonelySutton
  That feeling Hector 7 4,833 05-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Last Post: PenDragon
  Feeling chatty Eirene 14 5,813 11-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Eirene
  Just feeling bad about my cat. LonelySutton 7 4,358 10-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Last Post: ladyforsaken
  Feeling left out? Rosebolt 31 8,583 07-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Outcast
  "Kitchen Nightmares" Has Me Feeling Reluctant To Eat Out LoneKiller 47 10,819 05-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Last Post: mars0001
  day off feeling good," says Karen, a New York-based executive assistantszy insasiacusibe 9 5,316 10-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Drama
  Being alone vs. feeling lonely danielmoe 3 4,338 10-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post: lostatsea
  Music when feeling alone guld 17 6,383 01-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Last Post: TheSolitaryMan