Another one of those positive teacher thingys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
Well, I am at my 4th week of teaching this school year, and holy crap this year is so much work. I have 6 different classes to plan for, so I have no repeat lessons :( everything is new, every class period.

With being an agriculture teacher, I am also the FFA advisor, meaning I have to coach teams for various contests and such. I told my kids in this club, that because I have so much to deal with in the classroom, they need to run the FFA. Which is what it is suppose to be like, but never happens. Our first contest is soil judging, and last year I had to set it up, find people to dig me giant holes and coach it. This year, my kids came to me, and said we dug the holes, can you come teach us on Thursday at 5:30. HECK YES I CAN!

I didn't have to do anything! They are doing it all themselves. I am so proud of them and I cannot believe they did it all on their own. It really just makes me smile. After practice yesterday I just wanted to cry I was so happy with them. :)

Very cool to read about teacher/student involvement at that level. The kids taking the initiative (and saving you time) to coordinate and prep for you to be free to focus on instructing is awesome.

Latest posts

Back