iPhone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an application from Apple (yet) that allows you to set up an auto-reply for received text messages?

Please...no debating operating systems - just looking for specific info, thanks. :D

To my knowledge this is not possible unless maybe if you jailbreak your phone. Apple does not allow other apps to receive text messages so you are completely limited to the message app's settling.

I've asked my iPhone user friends, and one says it would require a script so no, but I haven't had an response from the others yet.

This app

You will need to jailbreak your iphone to be able to do these kinds of things. This app seems to do just what you're asking for though.

I dunno if youve ever jailbroken an iphone but afterwards there is a new app called cyndia. It's kind of a second app store. You will find the auto-responder app there.

You should totally get a Blackberry. I mean, iPhone....REALLY???? *looks away in disgust*

:p Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

What do you want this auto-reply to say...."Go fresia yourself" perhaps?

^^ LOL. :D

So unless they come up with something once the new iPhone is out, I guess I'm honeysuckle out of luck.
Poo poo on Apple. :club:

You will always have to jailbreak your iphone so you can use those kinds of apps. They don't allow those kind of apps in their app store. Jailbreaking isn't really that hard or dangerous. There are good guides online for doing it.

kamya said:
You will always have to jailbreak your iphone so you can use those kinds of apps. They don't allow those kind of apps in their app store. Jailbreaking isn't really that hard or dangerous. There are good guides online for doing it.

Doesn't that void the warranty on the phone though?

Kinda but not really. You can make a backup in itunes and use that to restore your phone and revert the changes if you need to take the phone in for something.

kamya said:
Kinda but not really. You can make a backup in itunes and use that to restore your phone and revert the changes if you need to take the phone in for something.

That's probably too complicated for the average Joe to do (including me). I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you though.

Just the way the world is.

TheRealCallie said:
You should totally get a Blackberry. I mean, iPhone....REALLY???? *looks away in disgust*

:p Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

What do you want this auto-reply to say...."Go fresia yourself" perhaps?

One of those types who wants Apple but has been banned by them....

I personally wouldn't jailbreak because it becomes more vulnerable to getting malware, not worth the risk!

SophiaGrace said:
kamya said:

That's probably too complicated for the average Joe to do (including me). I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you though.

You don't have to be a top-notch tech to understand something like this. It is really rather simple.

oh come on Eve!
how can you start a thread like this without "some" debate on operating systems?
but I will keep it simple... get a Samsung android phone! and avoid all this :)

VanillaCreme said:
SophiaGrace said:
kamya said:

You don't have to be a top-notch tech to understand something like this. It is really rather simple.

Hmm. Okay.

Walley said:
oh come on Eve!
how can you start a thread like this without "some" debate on operating systems?

I haven't had good luck with the Android OS - hence me switching to Apple a few years ago. :p

EveWasFramed said:
Walley said:
oh come on Eve!

I haven't had good luck with the Android OS - hence me switching to Apple a few years ago. :p

Apple is for simplicity. You can't do a whole lot with it (unless it's a jailbroken device), so it is what is it. I wouldn't suggest jailbreaking because of reasons listen in previous posts, and because it tends to make the device unstable. Crashing more often than not, programs not responding correctly... All that jazz.

EveWasFramed said:
Walley said:
oh come on Eve!

Personally eve, I am in love with my LG G2 (it's an android smart phone). A very techy friend had one and ranted and raved about it. I got it very recently to replace my very glitchy and outdated Sidekick 4G, and I have no complaints whatsoever. None. It's simply amazing.

I get my college textbooks on it and I can read them because the screen is big enough.

I have a plethora of apps to choose from and play.

I can watch Netflix.

Youtube is cool.

It hasn't had any bugs or problems.

The battery lasts an entire 12 hour day and my friend can slow down the processor even more to make it last a week or so on a single charge.

ya, I still love my Samsung.
I got a Note II for the active Stylus it has. I use it for my job and get customers to sign off pdf documents on it with a free adobe app.
I also use it to read wifi network signals accurately with another free app (iphones tend to "exaggerate" strength)
every time I cross paths with an iphone user, they see what I do with mine and start cursing their own phones lol.

Latest posts

Back