Unhealthy situation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stork_error

Reaction score
This situation is becomming unhealthy. I've read that short term anxiety can be healthy as it stimulates the immune system but chronic anxiety begins to have the opposite effect. I feel anger and anxiety 24hrs and there is nothing i can do with this feeling. I cant stop it and i cant funtion with it. its a result of anger, for being screwed over.
Should i take a vacation on my visa? and go farther into debt, but it might help…

Chronic anxiety is what led to my life-long health problems of today. The only thing that helped me was 9 years of therapy and meds. Although I still question whether the therapy actually worked or if it was just time healing my wounds. I tried a vacation back in the day, but the effects were already too serious.

I suffer from chronic anxiety as well. Could you have a word with your doctor as he or she may be able to suggest some sort of treatment which could help? A holiday might help in the short term but really you need something which will help you longterm. And going into more debt for a holiday might send your anxiety levels even further upwards.

Going further into debt is not going to help it just gives you something else to worry about. If you want to take a vacation or get away try to do it on what you can afford to spend. The more you go into debt the harder it is to get out.

Is holding onto the anger helping you in any way? Can you change what happened? Going on vacation basically equates to trying to run from your problems. You may escape it for a bit, but it will still be there when you get back. Then you need to add on to those problems how you are going to pay the debt of going on vacation.

I know it's not easy to do, but IMO, the best thing to do is to figure out why you won't let go of the anger of whatever it was that happened. Stop focusing on what was done TO you and start focusing on what YOU can do to be a better person.

TheRealCallie said:
Is holding onto the anger helping you in any way? Can you change what happened? Going on vacation basically equates to trying to run from your problems. You may escape it for a bit, but it will still be there when you get back. Then you need to add on to those problems how you are going to pay the debt of going on vacation.

I know it's not easy to do, but IMO, the best thing to do is to figure out why you won't let go of the anger of whatever it was that happened. Stop focusing on what was done TO you and start focusing on what YOU can do to be a better person.

I'd love to let go of the anger but I simply cant, I dont know, its trauma, or something. I try to focus on work and I become ravaged in angry adrenaline and I go blank. I feel the only thing that would make me feel better is punching one of the bullies in the face… which is illegal and i certainly dont want to add an assault charge to my financial problems, but god it would just feel so good to let it out. Ive even considered doing it just to feel better but then the idea of jail terrifies me, and having and assult charge would give me a record and ruin my employability. I remember when i was young, this girl bullied me for 2 years in high school. She was twice the size of me and much stronger. One day at a party she started a physical fight with me. I was so scared but had so much repressed anger that I fought back with everything I had and actually won the fight. And, I felt better soooo much better after that, because she stopped bullying me and I got to let out all my anger on her. But as an adult, Im well aware that violence is not an option, i fully realize this, but it leaves me feeling helpless. Bullying as an adult is covert and i need to learn to fight back against this somehow intelligently.

Why am I angry? Because political skills trumps work skills and manipulation wins over honesty.. and its proven to be a fact.

If it's long term, see your doctor. I would and have spoken to mine about it before.

LonesomeLoner said:
If it's long term, see your doctor. I would and have spoken to mine about it before.

Yeah, a Dr as nothing to offer except maybe some anti anxiety medications. Im not interested in that option as they make you tired and dense. I cant afford to be dense. I suppose its a no win situation and maybe Im just venting. Maybe I know the answer, that their is no option except to stew, leave or punch someone and regret it. Guess I'll stew for now.

Latest posts

Back