What are some things you could talk forever about?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been passionate about videogames all of my life. I could discuss any combination of aspects regarding the industry, down to sharing my own crazy cool ideas for games... for hours.

I also enjoy song interpretation. I feel like I've talked about this here before, but I enjoy certain sites where people discuss the meanings of songs, line to line.

Nice topic, by the way. I'm looking forward to reading through this one. :) Why didn't you list your favorite subjects for discussion?

Hey , i used to like video games alot too, but 3 yrs ago i started loosing interest in them and now i dont really play them very much if at all.

I could talk about computer/technology/the environment etc for hours. Or even about depression/lonelyness and stuff like that

Naleena said:
What is something you love that you could talk for hours about?

All the lofty subjects...literature, philosophy, politics, and ******* the girl next door, of course!

just kidding...:p

Naleena, how come you always ask questions and then don't provide your answers? It makes me curious; if you can come up with questions, you must have come up with at least some answers...you holding out on me?

One of two things...West Brom football club...or the San Francisco 49ers American football team

I could probably talk about movies and video games for eternity. Too bad I don't know anyone who can talk about those stuff for more than a minute without falling asleep

Can talk about almost any sport until long after someone else gets bored. Sometimes I'm sure that happens too.

Also music. I love music, it really helps me keep going. My Ipod is with me whenever I'm out and I'm rarely home for more than a few hours without having music on.

zraskolnikov said:
Naleena said:
What is something you love that you could talk for hours about?

All the lofty subjects...literature, philosophy, politics, and ******* the girl next door, of course!

just kidding...:p

Naleena, how come you always ask questions and then don't provide your answers? It makes me curious; if you can come up with questions, you must have come up with at least some answers...you holding out on me?

Hi Panda Bear :)
I guess I am more of a listener...lol I am a Gemini, I like a lot of things...lol A few things I enjoy are matters of the heart, social problems, philisophical questions, "religion," science, etc. I also love to learn things, so I ask a lot of questions...lol. I can talk for hours if I am having a good conversation with someone. Doesn't matter that much what the topic is.

I know this may sound odd, but,there are many times I make a deep connection with people I am talking to. I find myself doing a lot of listening and people tell me all kinds of things and I absolutley enjoy it...lol I have had people thank me and tell me how much they have enjoyed talking with me...lol One man wrote me a letter and sent it to my job to thank me for talking to him. So funny :) I love to hear peoples stories more than anything. Everyone has a story to tell. Sometimes, I feel as if I am right there with them (in thier stories) witnessing it, feeling what they feel. I told you it would be weird...lol

In writing this, I guess I realize if there is anything I could talk about for hours, it would be people and how they are all important- everyone of them. So I'll stop here, as not to get started on some long rant.
I use to work in a bar and what I miss about that job was the people who would tell me stories about themselves.

So Panda Bear, if you ever find yourself open to sharing any of your stories or wanting to tell me what you love most about literature; I will be here waiting :)

Naleena

jjam said:
I've been passionate about videogames all of my life. I could discuss any combination of aspects regarding the industry, down to sharing my own crazy cool ideas for games... for hours.

I also enjoy song interpretation. I feel like I've talked about this here before, but I enjoy certain sites where people discuss the meanings of songs, line to line.

Nice topic, by the way. I'm looking forward to reading through this one. :) Why didn't you list your favorite subjects for discussion?

Hello Jjam :)
I have enjoyed reading this so far :) It's nice to see what people enjoy and I have noticed that some people have simular interests. Maybe this will be a way for people to connect by talking to others with simular interests?

So what is your favorite game? Is there one that you play over and over? I think the role playing ones online are really cool. My son has a 360 and sometimes I will watch him play online with others just for the joy of it. Sometimes it's so funny how they act...lol I laugh so much when he is online with his buddies.

You might be able to get some cash for your ideas. Have you ever thought of submitting them?

Thanks for replying,
Naleena

Scott said:
Can talk about almost any sport until long after someone else gets bored. Sometimes I'm sure that happens too.

Also music. I love music, it really helps me keep going. My Ipod is with me whenever I'm out and I'm rarely home for more than a few hours without having music on.

Hello Scott :)
What kind of music do you listen to?

Naleena

Naleena said:
Hi Panda Bear :)
I guess I am more of a listener...lol I am a Gemini, I like a lot of things...lol A few things I enjoy are matters of the heart, social problems, philisophical questions, "religion," science, etc. I also love to learn things, so I ask a lot of questions...lol. I can talk for hours if I am having a good conversation with someone. Doesn't matter that much what the topic is.

I know this may sound odd, but,there are many times I make a deep connection with people I am talking to. I find myself doing a lot of listening and people tell me all kinds of things and I absolutley enjoy it...lol I have had people thank me and tell me how much they have enjoyed talking with me...lol One man wrote me a letter and sent it to my job to thank me for talking to him. So funny :) I love to hear peoples stories more than anything. Everyone has a story to tell. Sometimes, I feel as if I am right there with them (in thier stories) witnessing it, feeling what they feel. I told you it would be weird...lol

In writing this, I guess I realize if there is anything I could talk about for hours, it would be people and how they are all important- everyone of them. So I'll stop here, as not to get started on some long rant.
I use to work in a bar and what I miss about that job was the people who would tell me stories about themselves.

So Panda Bear, if you ever find yourself open to sharing any of your stories or wanting to tell me what you love most about literature; I will be here waiting :)

Naleena

Aww thanks Naleena; I know it makes you feel old when I say this, but you really are the forum mom...always comforting people and being sincere with them (those are those deep connections you're talking about)....almost makes me wish I could do the same...

eh...naw....probably not. I'll stick to being the sarcastic ass. :D

In all seriousness, though, I know I speak for everyone here when I say that your presence in the forums is deeply appreciated.

And as far as my stories go...I mostly write short stories (planning a compilation) because my great American novel doesn't have a plot yet (or it did, but I ruined it). So if you're ever bored and feel like reading a sensational piece of trash, pm me for a coupla stories.

And literature...well, we can talk about that anytime. :)

Birds.....SoaD.....Computers.....My family.....C#.....(My idol!)Serj Tankian!.... Sneaky monkey....o_O....Alot of other stuff..... And my favorite.......... DOTS!!!!!...................... :D :3

Life is made out of dots.

Naleena said:
Hello Jjam :)
I have enjoyed reading this so far :) It's nice to see what people enjoy and I have noticed that some people have simular interests. Maybe this will be a way for people to connect by talking to others with simular interests?

So what is your favorite game? Is there one that you play over and over? I think the role playing ones online are really cool. My son has a 360 and sometimes I will watch him play online with others just for the joy of it. Sometimes it's so funny how they act...lol I laugh so much when he is online with his buddies.

You might be able to get some cash for your ideas. Have you ever thought of submitting them?

Thanks for replying,
Naleena

I'd bet your son appreciates you spectating and getting some joy out of his gaming sessions. My mother played videogames with me when I was a child. We'd play Pacman, Centipede, and several Atari 2600 sports games. Back then the titles of such sports games were the names of the sports themselves. Boxing, Tennis, Baseball. Heh. Some years ago, I tried teaching her Tetris, which is one of my all time favorites. For a minute, it looked like she was enjoying it enough to want to work towards mastery, but that didn't last long.

I suppose my current favorite game is Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii. It's classified as a Fighter, but while Fighters in general are considered "chess" competitive, Smash Bros. can be both "chess" competitive and a cheesy goofy time. It can be one or the other or both at the same time. I absolutely LOVE the laughter this game extracts from me. It's powerful stuff, I tell ya. Haha.

Cash for game ideas. You know, I went to school to become an Electrical Engineer and backed out of it at the midpoint. I've had some exeperience with programming (C++ was required, and I took it a couple of times, only to improve from a C+ to a C++ (get it?)). There were aspects of that which I enjoyed. I loved the problem solving. I loved the creative aspects, but learning the language to the point of being able to manipulate it masterfully was something I wasn't feeling. And so that made debugging even more of a pain and the whole idea of programming unappealing. Anyway, a team which develops games consists of so many different roles outside of programming. It's definitely a route I often consider when thinking about potential careers for myself. I enjoy creating music, and could see myself becoming serious enough about writing music and maybe working with some Sound Engineers to make my mark in the videogames industry.

So you think RPGs (Role Playing Games) are cool, eh? One thing about RPGs I absolutely love is the effort that tends to go into the soundtracks. What Role Playing Games have you played or witnessed being played? What about them do you find appealing? Is the story telling?

Jeremi said:
I could probably talk about movies and video games for eternity. Too bad I don't know anyone who can talk about those stuff for more than a minute without falling asleep

Hey Jeremi,
I just saw Wanted. It was a really good action movie. A bit like Matrix as faras some of the special effects. You should check it out if you haven't. It has a very good cast.

What genre of movies do you like?

Movies, video games, computers, electric guitars, art...and of course my lonely existence.

Any of these subjects make me fail to shut up.

Naleena said:
Scott said:

Hello Scott :)
What kind of music do you listen to?

Naleena

Hi Naleena :p

I'm into a lot of different stuff. Right now I'm listening to a lot of Terra Naomi, Paramore, and Michael Buble.

My all time favourites are Jeff Buckley (idol status :D), Radiohead, Evanescence, Tori Amos, Bjork, Bon Folds Five, Placebo, Jewel, Smiths, Alanis Morissette, Nina Simone, Elton John, REM, Frank Sinatra, Blur, Bon Jovi, Muse, Garbage, Beach Boys, George Michael, Manics, David Bowie, Blondie etc etc :p

How about you?

After the day I have had today I could talk about all the staff that are selfish, money grabbing and in education for all the wrong reasons.

But then again if I did that then they would be worth more than they really are...

davechaos said:
After the day I have had today I could talk about all the staff that are selfish, money grabbing and in education for all the wrong reasons.

Sorry you had a bad day. Are you a teacher?

I could go on and on about a video games I'm currently into, and always did as a kid but I stopped cause it annoyed people

I could also talk about my self all day long, just blah blah blah blah blah me blah blah blah I blah blah blah,lol

Also biology I could talk about all day and animals I could bore people for hours on the intricate details of the life cycle of different kinds of round worms, wish I had someone to spiel about that to it builds up after a while and you feel silly writing something like that in a journal, feel like if I don't say it I'll forget it too easy

:(

Latest posts

Back