major life choice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Derp

Reaction score
If you had the chance to only work a 4 day week would you do so to push yourself to hit the gym hard/on a more routine schedule?

i am as fat as i can take myself and i feel like crap lately.I know you will ask "can't you hit the gym now?" and my answer is not really cause i work a weird overnight shift that totally drains me. i am thinking with that extra day off i can use it to rest/push myself to reach my goals.

i have saved a bit and now with winter coming i am less likely to go out/spend money so i think i can swing a 4 day paycheck for at least the next 6 months.

Think its a good idea??

Yes. It sounds as though losing weight really matters to you and as you can afford a four day week for several months, I would go for it.

I think you should go for it. It's never a bad idea to exercise. It might suck at first, but if you stick with it you'll start to enjoy it. You should also look at the guide i posted on here about fat loss, it will help you for when you can't hit the gym.

I assume hours will increase during those 4 days? If you can handle it, then yes, go for it, nothing is like a 3 day weekend every week.

I would personally work a 4 day week if I could.

I think you should focus on your diet habits first. How much vegetables do you eat? do you tend to eat alot of starchy/sugary things? do you drink enough water?

The sooner you address that, the more beneficial your efforts at fitness are going to be. You'll even find it won't take the physical exertion to lose weight.

All that extra working out isnt going to amount to very much if you're still eating garbage and drinking your calories via soda pop/beer.

I think it's a great idea, it takes a lot of focus to change one's habits, if you can manage to work one day less per week and still pay the rent, go for it.

Also, if you cut on all the crap food -sodas, snacks, chocolates etc - you will save money too, seriously

Some time ago I came across this book and I found it very fascinating (especially because I am often on a budget too :D) it's called Good and Cheap

http://www.leannebrown.com

the book is not really about weight loss, but many of the recipes can be used in a diet

I like it because it describes simple food and easy to cook, most of it at least

Latest posts

Back