A miracle

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremi

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what else to call it. My tomato plant. There's tomatoes on it! Frikkin' tomatoes! *dances with joy*

img2695fp7.jpg

Last year I took some seeds from a tomato and planted them, just for fun. I didn't even expect that to work, but after a few weeks some green started to pop up. After that, I've kept this one on my window. Horribly mistreated, it shouldn't even be alive right now. At the start of this summer, I was about to throw it away because it was so tiny and colorless. But this last month it just exploded, and grew to this size. And to my big surprise there's flowers on it, which means, tomatoes! I've always read that you can't get any flowers on plants from seeds that you've taken from fruit/vegetables. Haha!

I'm a real garden noob, so this is a pro achivement for me ^^

congrads!!!
i once had a lemon tree....it didnt live long enough to see its lemons...

Awesome job Jeremy

Quite the expert gardener indeed:p

Eat those tomatoes with pride,lol

If I give you my address you wouldn't like to come and work your magic on my back garden would you lol??

Whooo, amazing.... Me and my sis when we was about 5 years old planted a seed from an apple on our neighbors garden and years later there was a tree there :O That amazing considering the whether we have over here. That guy who lived there was old and eventually passed away and the new ppl chopped the tree down :( Absolutely no consideration for me and my sisters childhood memoirs lol Honestly some ppl haha Well they would not have known how the tree become to be there. And even if they did I cert imagine it making much difference to there decision.

*eats a tomato*

Jeremi said:
My tomato plant. There's tomatoes on it! Frikkin' tomatoes!

Great, even from seed no less. That takes some time. :)

Nice lookin' plant. It's fun to watch things grow but even more fun when it's something you can eat.

Sometimes I grow pepper plants. I've had serranos, jalapenos and habaneros...and as a result, I have no taste buds left. :)

Pepper Plants sounds cool. I planted some Paprika seeds last year, but they never grew. Got two Avocado plants, they look pretty cool, though they're not doing to well at the moment ^^

Jeremi said:
Pepper Plants sounds cool. I planted some Paprika seeds last year, but they never grew. Got two Avocado plants, they look pretty cool, though they're not doing to well at the moment ^^

I usually "cheat" and just pick up a tiny plant at a nursery. Pepper plants are good because they're easy to grow and don't take up much space...perfect for a balcony or small patio.

I hope your avocados recover....

Fresh tomatoes...mail me some :)

I remember they made us grow beans on cotton wool back in 4th grade. It was ultimate torture because none of mine would ever sprout. So I grew them on soil, uprooted them and washed them clean on the day of the deadline, put them on cotton wool and took them to school. The teacher was absolutely fooled.

That is really wonderful! And seeing as all the tomatoes on the market right now are tainted, you will soon be able to eat tomatoes without fear! Good work!

coming from another garden noob, that's pretty amazing

i tried growing some cress recently lol...i was told it was the easiest thig to grow but boy was i wrong..
you have to teach me your ways!

The cactus is the easiest plant to grow, its built to survive drought, and protected from animals!

Congrats on the tomatoes Jeremi, I'm sure they'll taste so good when they're ripe :) My mum and I planted a paprika seed when I was a kid, and we managed to get a little red paprika (bell pepper) from it. It is to this day the tastiest paprika I've ever eaten, the flavour was so sweet and concentrated cos of all the sunlight it had absorbed, yum!
I planted an orange seed as well, which grew into a nice little tree about 50-60 cm before it died from the cat constantly peeing on it lol. The leaves smelt great though, very citrusy :)

Latest posts

Back