Why do people go out at night?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarcasticJuan

Reaction score
I just got back from a 'night out' with my sister and her friend, they were all excited about it so I figured I'd come along, I've been out before with friends but it's really just us sitting doing nothing in a place that's way too loud and dark, and guess what, that's all I got tonight, it's all I've been to, and these places are packed with people all done up looking their best.

I don't get it, why do people just like sitting doing nothing? These aren't even dance places I go, they just have loud metal type music playing and nobody doing anything except drinking overpriced alcohol. Everyone is just sitting! :(

I don't get people. :rolleyes:

Even if they're doing nothing, which I sort of doubt...

...perhaps they enjoy sitting and staring at one another in a loud, dark place.

But seriously, the people there must've been dancing or talking or hooking up or something.

At any rate, if it's something you don't enjoy, just don't do it. Who gives a fresia what other people like to do. If it's not something you like to do, then don't do it.

If your friends are decent friends at all, they'll honor your wishes or at least understand if you tell them you'd rather hang out at home or whatevs.

I was thinking the same only the other day, why do people enjoy staying in noisy places where you can't really have a conversation or do anything except for holding your drink in your hand and exchanging some sentences

My guess is that a lot of people don't have a lot to say, but they enjoy company…

I think I hinder people from having a good time at these things, I just sit there with them, are they waiting for me to do something? Maybe that's why nobody does anything.

I think some people just like showing off, mainly women, and their boyfriends,male friends, etc just follow them because it's supposed to be a 'fun night out'.

I share the feelings but idk I enjoy sitting at home writing and cleaning my room and I'm sure this isn't the definition of "fun" for a lot of people either. Different people think different things are fun, that's all. It's still fun to them even if other people don't get it.

I can relate. While I have been to my share of bars with loud music in my life, I find it the least conducive environment for having a conversation. And it's the conversations that I enjoy the most. If I have to yell "WHAT?" every two seconds as someone tries to scream something into my ear, it's just not fun for me. I wind up people-watching until my friends want to go elsewhere.

I used to love going to pubs with my friends to watch a game and drink, it was to be social, to feel part of a group. Now that I'm older and wiser, I don't need a group at all, and I much more appreciate silence and nature over chugging beer and telling loud stories. I'm not desperate to fit in or be with people anymore, I prefer solitude over crowds etc...

I went to someone's birthday get together at a night club (not a full fledge one, around here they don't really have actual night clubs).
While there, they had some band come in and play music and some people went out to "dance". The music was horribly loud but I saw where the volume control to the club was at. So I snuck over and very slowly lowered the volume to non-painful levels. *laughs*

I completely agree. I do not get any joy from it. I have thought a few things.. I think sometimes people don't want to talk and so they like that...and also, I think they like "night" because it is easier to fall into sex. But for the most part, if those are not your goals, I do not understand it.

I don't get it either to be honest, but there's some people who do enjoy it. I've never been the type of girl to go to clubs or bars but there's a lot of people who do enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, just don't engage in it, just be happy with who you are. :) And be proud that you're not one of those people.

Are you asking why people go out at night ot why people go to nightclubs and bars? Clubs and bars are passe in my circle of family and friends but going out to other places at night or day for that matter is good for socializing. People-watching is my all time favorite pastime and night brings out some interesting characters. :)

-Teresa

I love going out at night and getting #turntup. Although I do that only occasionally and only to enjoy the EDM by my fav. music artists.

I used to be a recreational drug user... thats probably the best way to explain it haha.

You just need to find people that want to go out during the day or do what you wanna do. If you don't like metal don't hang in the metal scene. I would also not like that scene.

Yeah I don't get it either. As someone said above, if the music is too loud (which it always is) you can't hold a conversation.

If I end up in a bar, more then likely there's going to something broken or cops involved. Most of the time I drink by myself.
But if I do end up being in a social environment, I much prefer being outside around a fire in the open. It's a lot easier.

Eh. Never really been into it unless it's to see a band, or occasionally. I mean, most people are inside sitting all day for work. Then after work....they just sit around inside again.

But the question I'm always asking is, what is a better idea of a way to spend the night than drinking in bars? I'm not entirely a no-drinking guy, I do like to have a few. But bars just never seemed all that interesting, it seems like what people do when they have no other ideas. I'm okay with staying in either at home or with friends and having a game night or something, but I also do like to get out of the house every now and then too. I just don't know where else to go though, other than bars. One thing I really want to do is get some stories, make some memories, you know? I just don't think that's going to happen doing the same thing everyone else is doing, though. I don't feel that would be memorable. With bars, it all blends together, and not just because of the drinking. It just seems like all the memorable times must be happening elsewhere.

Sometimes there's something in the night air that makes going out nice. Depends what you're doing really.

Peaches said:
I was thinking the same only the other day, why do people enjoy staying in noisy places where you can't really have a conversation or do anything except for holding your drink in your hand and exchanging some sentences

My guess is that a lot of people don't have a lot to say, but they enjoy company…

it's the drinking they like, getting pissed.

Not everyone who goes out at night drinks......Some people just enjoy the atmosphere and getting out and doing something.

Why do people go to concerts? To do something they enjoy and have a good time. It's no different.

Latest posts

Back