Great moment !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Bogey

Reaction score
Last week I went to see my brother in Derby.
I used his house as a base to go on 2 trips into the peak district to take some photographs. Beautiful part of the country ! Two wonderful days in places I couldn't normally get to.

On the second day I went to this reservoir. I walked along this massive dam. There was nobody about. I had U2 blasting away in my headphones. I was the middle of nowhere by myself. It felt so good !
Just a wonderful moment for lots of reasons. Mainly because I basically went 25 years not going anywhere and doing nothing. No holidays, no trips, nothing. I never had anybody to go with and couldn't motivate myself to leave my home city. Just years and years of nothing. Just work, home and golf.

It was a great moment. I felt so good and alive. The world seemed such a great place ! :)

Big hugs!!!! I can feel how happy you are through your writing, that's fantastic, I am so happy for you too! There is a strange feeling of freedom I get, sort of a 'The World is My Oyster' feeling, when I'm out on a ramble by myself with good tunes blasting in my headphones - one of my favorite things to do, in fact. :)

ringwood said:
Big hugs!!!! I can feel how happy you are through your writing, that's fantastic, I am so happy for you too! There is a strange feeling of freedom I get, sort of a 'The World is My Oyster' feeling, when I'm out on a ramble by myself with good tunes blasting in my headphones - one of my favorite things to do, in fact. :)

thank you.

I wanted to write a positive post. 99% of the time I am happy. The 1% when I am not I come on here and write about it. Just use this place to whinge about things. I want to get away from that.

Yes I love rambling about. Photography is a great hobby for that !

What a truly positive read and experience for you Triple Bogey. Thank you for sharing it.. ^.^

Latest posts

Back