knowing your eyecolor = YOU'RE GAY

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldyoung

Reaction score
This is entirely based on STEREOTYPES. So nothing too serious mind you.

Stereotypical gay male, MORE dedicated about appearance than straight males. Stereotypical gay female, LESS dedicated about appearance than straight females.

So, if you ask a random MALE if he knows his eye color and he answers "no", then he's more PROBABLY (not certainly) straight than not.

And, if you ask a random FEMALE if she knows her eye color and she answers "no", she's more PROBABLY (not certainly) gay than not.

Any thoughts on this hypothesis? I want everyone who posts in this thread to say if this applies to them btw.. This is serious science.

Ok, Imo the Op's second paragraph definitely is BS but...............................
the first paragraph applies to all the gays, male and female, that I know so would seem to be correct.

Let's all take the word of a lonely person who, based on all of the gays he knows (1? 1.5?), confirms the stereotype to be true.

Hate to be snippy but that kinda pissed me off. (<3)

Being gay does not make you more or less likely to be fashionable or care about appearance, male or female. Point blank.

Yeah, okay. So there are millions of driver's licenses out there with "unknown" next to "eyes."

Mine are hazel, so I guess I should start looking for Mr. Right starting tomorrow.

I understand the OP was not real serious, but i do question the usefulness of perpetuating stereotypes.

Minus said:
I understand the OP was not real serious, but i do question the usefulness of perpetuating stereotypes.

Very truthfully...I believe that there can be a time and place and very valid reason for stereotypes. Not like, "White people can't dance," or "Gay men are more fashionable than straight men," but I can see where some cultural stereotypes can apply to me as a hispanic or black woman, for instance, as well as a large part of my community. I can also see where stereotypes may apply to the community but not to me. I feel that not all stereotypes are completely unfounded, but it's still important to remember that these are very oversimplified generalizations and that it's not fair to assume that they will apply to everyone within a demographic.

Edit: As far as the gay men and fashion stereotype, I really can't stand it because, firstly, it assumes that straight men are unfashionable slobs (has anyone gone outside and saw just waves of poorly dressed straight men?), that fashion in its nature is a feminine hobby, and that male homosexuality is linked to femininity and female homosexuality is linked to masculinity; ergo, you can't have a manly gay or a womanly lesbian. None of these are even remotely true, so it pisses me off a little for its sheer stupidity.

I have never ever heard that stereotype. In fact I've seen people who didn't know their own eye colour be called stupid, never gay.

My eyes are brown. I am female. And therefore, accordingly, I'm straight. Which is probably true. And thus the truth of your hypothesis is proven. All hail OY's genius.

Aisha said:
My eyes are brown. I am female. And therefore, accordingly, I'm straight. Which is probably true. And thus the truth of your hypothesis is proven. All hail OY's genius.

Yes, but are they hazel? :cool:

SophiaGrace said:
Aisha said:

Yes, but are they hazel? :cool:

They may have changed colour since I last checked. Hold on- Wait.. does this count as not knowing? Am I gay? WHAT'S GOING ON?!!

beautiful loser said:
Yeah, okay. So there are millions of driver's licenses out there with "unknown" next to "eyes."

^ What I was thinking.

So a guy who has ever looked in the mirror and noticed his eye colour is probably gay, whereas women with mirrors and basic observational skills are probably straight.

Latest posts

Back