Irish twins and Shyness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aveek

Reaction score
I've been asking this around, so thought I'd ask it here.

Could you guys let me know if you are the older sibling of Irish twins. It's kind of my theory that the older sibling of two closely born children is more likely to be shy. Let me know if you fall into the category or not.

Irish Twins: Two children born within the same calendar year. However I'm interested in people born within two years of one another and is the older sibling.
thanks
aveek

ps. I fall into that category. I'm 13 months older than my younger brother. And we're very close.

Only child, sorry. Though I wonder how my life would have been if my sibling has lived.
Interesting theory. How'd you come about it?

Never heard that term before. Can't help really, I'm an actual twin. I know two brothers who would fall in that category of Irish twins, they are not that close. They don't hang around in the same circles or really spend much time together. When they were were younger they were closer, the younger one used to be more protective of the older one. The older one had a bit of a learning disability, not that bad but he'd get teased. As they got older they grew apart a great deal. From what I know and have seen I'd even say that the younger one has a bit of dislike towards the older one, their parents were much more lenient with the older one because of his learning disability.

I know brother falling into that category. As far as I recall shyer one was younger but they both were pretty social so speaking only in relative measure.

PS: there is no such thing as shy Irish. Only sober Irish and that is against Irish law or something :D

also now I recal other 2 brothers just the same age difference, shyer was the younger.

Im younger than my brother by 17 months and i am the shy, awkward weird one but i also have a younger and older sister.

Peter.EU said:
PS: there is no such thing as shy Irish. Only sober Irish and that is against Irish law or something :D

Being of Irish heritage, I can attest to that.

I am the second oldest of six children and we are all about a year apart from each other. While my younger sister--the third child--and I are both shy, the rest aren't. I thought that Irish twins being two siblings born on the same day of the year but years apart. I knew a family whose oldest and third child shared the same birthday.

Latest posts

Back