Halloween Costumes - What Are You Going to Be This Year?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSkaFish

Jedi Guardian
Reaction score
What are you all going to be this year for Halloween? Some of my favorite costumes as a kid were a pirate I was in kindergarten, a mad scientist in fifth grade, and Darth Vader some time in my middle school years. I always wanted to be a grey alien but never found enough stuff to really pull it off.

The day always sneaks up on me and I hadn't had a costume in a while. But it's no fun to be the only one not wearing a costume. Last year, I had to get together something just as I was leaving - I grabbed a Hawaiian shirt and my Vader mask and just said I was Darth Vader on vacation :p that's last minute ideas for you.

This year, well, I still don't have a whole lot of money to blow on a costume but my brother said I could use his old costumes. He was a penguin one year, and Where's Waldo the next. I think I'll combine the two and call it Pengualdo. It might not be the scariest idea but hey, I'm pretty sure I'll be one of a kind!

So two questions:

What was your favorite Halloween costume from when you were a kid, and - if you are celebrating, what are you going to be this year?

Let's see, what are the options. Slutty nurse, slutty superhero, slutty maid, slutty pirate, slutty nurse, slutty whatever else you can think of......

Yes, I know there are more options, but those seem to get the most press. :p

I don't do costumes. I'm scary enough without one. :D

Of what I can remember, I've been a cowgirl, a lamb, a ninja, the pink power ranger, a milkmaid, a carrot (my friend was a rabbit, lol), and an elf (the LotR kind). All of my "costumes" have just been stuff I had lying around the house that I threw together though. Never spent money on one.

I won't be dressing up this year, and I haven't in many years. Nowhere to go.

TheRealCallie said:
Let's see, what are the options. Slutty nurse, slutty superhero, slutty maid, slutty pirate, slutty nurse, slutty whatever else you can think of......

Yes, I know there are more options, but those seem to get the most press. :p

Hahaha....yeah, there are a lot of those around. I guess I can see how people have fun with that, but for me, my favorite costumes are always either the ones that are funny, super-detailed, or actually trying to be scary, like we used to do as kids. Those to me are the best.

Solivagant said:
Of what I can remember, I've been a cowgirl, a lamb, a ninja, the pink power ranger, a milkmaid, a carrot (my friend was a rabbit, lol), and an elf (the LotR kind). All of my "costumes" have just been stuff I had lying around the house that I threw together though. Never spent money on one.

I won't be dressing up this year, and I haven't in many years. Nowhere to go.

I've been a ninja before too! 3rd grade, I think. Maybe 4th. I had a ninja robe and a plastic sword. Good times.

Your Lord of the Rings elf sounds cool though! You should have seen my friend's Gandalf the Grey one year. He had the robe, hat, walking staff, and even a long, grey beard. The only thing he was missing was Gandalf's sword, Glamdring. It was really a sight.

TheRealCallie said:

pl7z5om

kn2o975

:D

This year I am considering going as either someone trying to pass for a walker(Carol in WD last night cemented the idea-been thinking about it for a bit but that did it watching that last night) or if I decide to go the 'slutty costume' route I might stap on a massive gun & go as Cherry Darling from Planet Terror.

Haven't quite decied as yet...

Nothing.
In fact I always take the week off work.
A few years ago there was this kick for dressing up on Halloween day at work.
Of course it became a competition were the women would complete with each other to wear the most outrageous costume. Loads of make up etc, some of then scared me to death while some it was an improvement !
There was no way I was going to spend a lot of my money on stupid costumes so I didn't bother.
Trouble with that was on the day every ******* customer would say 'why aren't you dressed up ?'
After the 500th time I would feel like punching the customer. And more often than not it was some old woman about 80 !

So I take the week off !

Alma lost her spoon said:
This year I am considering going as either someone trying to pass for a walker(Carol in WD last night cemented the idea-been thinking about it for a bit but that did it watching that last night) or if I decide to go the 'slutty costume' route I might stap on a massive gun & go as Cherry Darling from Planet Terror.

Alma - that "Edgar Allan Ho" gave me quite a chuckle. What do you mean a walker though? A White Walker like Game of Thrones? Or something else?

Triple Bogey said:
Nothing.
In fact I always take the week off work....

That's too bad you're not participating. I would have, all these years if I had money to do a proper costume. I remember it was fun to do this as kids and as adults we have a lot more ideas to play with. Like I was saying earlier, I always wanted to do a really good grey alien. It only comes around once a year and I think it's nice to do things like that, it's nice to keep the holidays.

Arachne said:
^.^ betcha thought I would say hippy lol

haha....well with her long hair she kind of combines the two, hippy and witch. No, I could see you doing the witch thing. Your avatar looks like a witch, and "Arachne" is obviously to do with spiders, which are kinda connected with witches and Halloween. You should be a spider-themed witch, with legs on your back and a web-themed robe. That would be cool :)

Sweeney Todd. I always wanted to act in the musical, so I'm going with this. I look nothing like his past incarnations though, so I'm just going to call artistic licence while using fake (cardboard) razors and shove as many pie-related puns down people's throats as possible (pardon the pun :) )

TheSkaFish said:

Alma - that "Edgar Allan Ho" gave me quite a chuckle. What do you mean a walker though? A White Walker like Game of Thrones? Or something else?

Yeah-the EA Ho is pretty hilarious-I do love homemade out of the ordinary costumes.

Walker as in Walking Dead, series 5 just started-I'm a bit of a zombie nut.

Think I'll be what my brother was for Halloween all four years of his high school era... A college student.

This year I wanted to borrow my friend's priest habit and be Father Jack from the comedy show "Father Ted", which I love. But I don't think my hair will grow long enough in time. Oh well. Pengualdo it is!

Decision made~slut option wins! I'm dressing as Cherry Darling. I bought a wig today, I'm not going to strap my leg up, just gonna attach a gun to the front of my leg in such a way I can move it to the side for the purposes of sitting down.

I thought about 'Ricky' from trailer park boys.. but I would need to gain 30lbs to do that.. doubt I want to do that.. Maybe 'dapper Dan' from 'o-brother where art thou'. I have a similar hairdo/facial hair combo of both.

perhaps a 'rockabilly Frankenstein' or Count Dracula... yes, I can pull off Count Dracula pretty easily..

I like the sound of Rockabilly Frank!

What about Count Duckula? lol

I'm gonna watch Planet Terror tonight perhaps, mainly(honest guv) coz the only thing I can recall Cherry saying is "It's Go-Go not cry-cry!"

I like the sound of Rockabilly Frank!

What about Count Duckula? lol

I'm gonna watch Planet Terror tonight perhaps, mainly(honest guv) coz the only thing I can recall Cherry saying is "It's Go-Go not cry-cry!"

I suppose I could try to fashion a bill for my face somehow.. or wear a permanent jersey-shore pucker the entire time ;)
That's as if I really do get involved in anything in a way of a Halloween gathering. Which I doubt :( .. It's a fun thought though.. You realize we're going to need some 'Cherry Darling' photos :D

I haven't watched that movie in a while. I have this convoy duck (or death proof) duck ornament I plan on sticking on my truck in due time :cool:

Latest posts

Back