I need advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonelyconfusedlost

Reaction score
I've basicly 5 months ago realized how depressed and lonely I am. I live with my parents how ever I basicly have no relationship with them and I don't talk to any other part of my family other than my sister 1 or 2 times a year. I believe I'm a well liked guy by my friends but I always have the thought in the back of my head that they really don't like me just put up with me. So I basicly fell like I have no one in my life and this is how Ive felt my whole life.(im 19) what I really want is to have a Romatic relationship but every time I get the chance I always seem to push my self away wih out even noticing untill it's too late. Realizing all of this over the past 5 months has me falling deeper into the feelng depression and lonelyness I don't feal like I can trust anyone either. I'm not having suicidal thoughts but I just don't see a reason to continue if I can't ever see my self ever being happy

I'm sorry I worte so much and it's kind of scattered I just have a million things on my mind and this is my first time ever reaching out to anyone on how I feel inside

you need to adjust your attitude on happiness...be proactive...don't go into something already backing away before you can even get a foot in...be positive...make of list of what you think your weaknesses are and work on them...make a list of your strengths and carry them with you...

i believe that you and anyone can 'overcome'...laughter and fun can be key :)

i wish you well :)

DVEEUS said:
you need to adjust your attitude on happiness...be proactive...don't go into something already backing away before you can even get a foot in...be positive...make of list of what you think your weaknesses are and work on them...make a list of your strengths and carry them with you...

i believe that you and anyone can 'overcome'...laughter and fun can be key :)

i wish you well :)

Thank you for the advice but apart of what is causing this is the fact that I have been trying so hard to put my self out there. You know try to be happy. I'm honestly trying really hard but the fact that I've just been trying so hard for a while now and have gotten nothing out of it just made me feel worse

Hi, I think you are letting the fact that you don't feel great overcome the fact that you probably have stuff to be grateful for. what i'm saying is, maybe you're focusing too much on the negative, just look at what you have and be happy about that; it can be anything (the fact that you are able to sleep in a bed at night, that you are able to reach out to people in a forum, nice weather?, etc...) just thinking about the little things that your are grateful for always makes you feel good. That's what i think, hope it helps :)

Hello Lonelyconfusedlost. I am 19 also, and I'm in the same situation as you. I guess, for advice, I'd just say keep your head up high and be proud of yourself. Of what you CAN achieve in your future, and what you have already achieved. You're stronger than you think. Just hold on. Message me some time if you'd like.

Hold on. Your 20s is when things get better. You get away from all the school drama, and the pain of that goes with the years. You start to get real money for the first time. But you don't have real bills yet. You have people from school and new people from work. You have the energy to cease the moment when it is offered, even on a work night. People your age don't have kids yet, so still go out and do stuff.

So hold on to see how they will treat you. Or even start preparing for them.

Latest posts

Back