your funeral song...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVEUS

Reaction score
it may sound morbid but i do not think there is anything wrong with planning your funeral the way YOU want it...who wants to sit in a room where some random preacher talks about your life and doesn't know you from adam?

i want mine to be short and sweet...family and friends may say a few words <optional> and then i want my people to listen to a song...they will have their program in front of them stating to please listen to the message not just the music and the lyrics will be there for them to follow along and reflect...

led zeppelin is my all-time fav band...there aren't enough words to describe what a phenomenally talented group they were/are...hell i'd jump into a time machine tomorrow...robert plant would be mine :p

[video=youtube]

Funny I ran into this... Few month ago, me & a buddy of mine were talking about this very thing... We decided when I die, they're gonna play "Another one bites the dust" by Queens & when he dies, they're gonna play "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC...

sk66rc said:
Funny I ran into this... Few month ago, me & a buddy of mine were talking about this very thing... We decided when I die, they're gonna play "Another one bites the dust" by Queens & when he dies, they're gonna play "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC...

i fkn love it...!!!

i know someone that had 'dust in the wind' by kansas at his funeral...

gabriel20 said:
Faith of the Heart- Theme tune from Star trek:Enterprise .

typical...only a ginger would have THAT as their funeral song...

you know i'm kidding right?!

We played 'The Carnival Is Over' at my dad's service, it was very poignant.

I'd really like to have a Jazz style funeral, & there being a minute of cacophony held in my memory.

I was seriously considering I am your boogie man, but I guess I will settle for Bob Dylan's Love minus zero

I already know I couldn't pick just one song. I'd probably have to write down a list for my personal funeral compilation - one song of each of my favourite bands at least.

And the whole funeral party will have to endure it...behind locked doors if necessary.

Pink Floyd - Time

at almost 7 mins long would sum me up nicely.

[video=youtube]

Guns n Roses - November Rain. I even know at what moment in the song that I want me coffin lifted and walked out to my grave. I have even enlisted a musical friend of mine to ensure that this happens.

Of course, this agreement was made during a rather drunken night so I should remind him this agreement was morally binding! :D And have it written in my Will.

VeganAtheist said:
[video=youtube]

Lol

Funny, I've never given it much thought. Maybe since I believe funerals are rituals for the living. So I'm ok with whatever brings comfort to the attendees. Even if it's Ding Dong, The Wicked Witch is Dead :D Heck, what do I care? I'll be dead anyway :D

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Funny, I've never given it much thought. Maybe since I believe funerals are rituals for the living. So I'm ok with whatever brings comfort to the attendees. Even if it's Ding Dong, The Wicked Witch is Dead :D Heck, what do I care? I'll be dead anyway :D

-Teresa

I was thinking the same, it's for the living not for me, I would rather have no funeral at all, if there must be song I probably choose "Unforgiven" by Metallica, this may bring some discomfort for the attendants instead!

I've given it loads of thought, but to be honest, I'd rather not have a funeral. Either way, it would be this...

[video=youtube]

Two songs come to mind.

Summoning - The Land of the Dead

It is my favourite song of all time and I feel it describes my inner landscape better than any other song. Every note of it resonates with my very soul.

[video=youtube]

Riihikirkkohymni

This would be more religious themed song that I could imagine be played in my own funreal. I heard it for the first time last summer and I found it to be very beautiful piece.

Latest posts

Back