What is your idea of a perfect romantic evening?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
Ok, so I have romance on my mind tonight. With all you talking about love and how much you care for your past sweethearts, I was wondering...

For me:
I remember one evening going to the lake and feeding the ducks. I like being outside. We brought a blanket and laid out under the stars beside the water and talked for a long time. (I really love the night. Especially, on the full moon.) The night sky was so beautiful with all it's stars, the smell of the air was fresh and had a bit of chill to it- just right for snuggling. :) It was a perfect date for someone like me.

I can't believe no one's posted here...maybe that's why people are so lonely; they don't know how to romance!

Anything at night and outdoors is pretty much a garaunteed. Besides that, though.

A deserted playground. I dunno, there's something about running around with your significant other like you're kids again that appeals to me. (Of, course, you do eventually collapse in the tree house for a bit more adult fun ;) )

I love to spend time cooking for someone...laying a table...especially outside in the early evening...the smell of the food cooking slowly...just being able to look across the table at the woman you love...

It is a shame she is not here.

Naleena said:
Ok, so I have romance on my mind tonight. With all you talking about love and how much you care for your past sweethearts, I was wondering...

For me:
I remember one evening going to the lake and feeding the ducks. I like being outside. We brought a blanket and laid out under the stars beside the water and talked for a long time. (I really love the night. Especially, on the full moon.) The night sky was so beautiful with all it's stars, the smell of the air was fresh and had a bit of chill to it- just right for snuggling. :) It was a perfect date for someone like me.

Aww, that sounds so beautiful

I don't really have any super ideas of a perfect date, and I've never had any experiences with one. Just walking in the sunset while holding hands would probably make my heart explode ^^

My perfect date would be just the two of us camping on the beach maybe. There would be a lovely camp fire and stars in the sky and we'd be able to hear the sea. We's talk all night and laugh and joke and like Scott said
Scott said:
Feeding a campfire, talking until you realise the sun just started to come up.
we won't even realise that we've been there all night.

Blindfold her and drive her all the way up to the highest peak in town, holding her hand all the time (easy with auto cars). Take her blindfold off and hold her from behind as we watch fireworks in the sky above the entire city.

Canada day celebrations are getting to me.

worldofadreamer said:
My perfect date would be just the two of us camping on the beach maybe. There would be a lovely camp fire and stars in the sky and we'd be able to hear the sea. We's talk all night and laugh and joke and like Scott said
Scott said:
Feeding a campfire, talking until you realise the sun just started to come up.
we won't even realise that we've been there all night.

mine is basically that, with nightwalks down the beach, camping in the middle of nowhere, staring at the sky... or just simple dinner and movies, have some coffe at the beach, then nightwalks on the beach or
or just to have fun at the fair/disneyland or six flags.... gosh i have so many ideas... or just simply start the fireplace and huddle around and watch TV while im making brownies...

it seems to me that most girls ive met DONT like these ideas, they'd rather hangout at some guys house or some bar and get drunk or go to parties or buy expensive clothes (that i can do sometimes...)....maybe its just me...

lounging around in t shirt and underwear, snacking on food that we made for each other, cuddling, wine, peering at the sky and listening to beautiful music.

Not so much evening but, the perfect ways to spend time with someone, for me, would be:

- going for a walk late at night or 5am when it's foggy or just starting to get light
- staying up all night having game and movie marathons! (heh, nowonder I don't have a boyfriend :D)
- driving around to random places and getting lost :D or randomly picking a place you've never heard of from a map and going there.
- going anywhere deserted in the middle of the night or in winter (I've got this thing about the beach at night or when it's snowing or raining)
- *cough*breaking and entering*cough* an abandoned building or amusement park at night :D Kidding, kind of..

"I remember one evening going to the lake and feeding the ducks. I like being outside. We brought a blanket and laid out under the stars beside the water and talked for a long time. (I really love the night. Especially, on the full moon.) The night sky was so beautiful with all it's stars, the smell of the air was fresh and had a bit of chill to it- just right for snuggling. Smile It was a perfect date for someone like me."

Aw Naleena, your date sounded lovely :) I love the night too :D

it seems to me that most girls ive met DONT like these ideas, they'd rather hangout at some guys house or some bar and get drunk or go to parties or buy expensive clothes (that i can do sometimes...)....maybe its just me...

Most girls I knew in college were like that, their idea of a romantic evening was to get drunk on cheap booze and spend the night making idiots of their selves before going home with some creep.

I really can't sit here and say what my specific idea of a perfect romantic evening would be. That kind of thing is largely dependent on who I'm with.

Some women like concerts, some like walks in the park, some like independent film festivals, and some just like to get really drunk and pass out at your feet.

I never know what's going to work for her until I ask. If she's not having fun then the evening is kind of a waste.

Panda said:
- *cough*breaking and entering*cough* an abandoned building or amusement park at night :D Kidding, kind of..

Don't be shy, you're absolutely right. I once snuck into a construction site at night while it was raining...it was amazing. Too bad the girl I was with wasn't worth it. But girl aside, I completely agree with you.

It's a hot summer evening. The fan is blowing on our bodies, and we are just there listening to a days-long playlist of music we both find incredibly soothing. We fall asleep cuddled, we wake up in the middle of the night to "our song", we kiss...

Well I never had a girlfriend but something that pop in my mind is horseback riding at the beach at sunset and kissing while on the horses, and afterward have a candle light dinner.

sleepflower said:
sex, drugs and punk rock, other than that some emo bashing will do just great

hahahahah Can we not just cuddle up together and watch some telly lool

my idea of a romantic evening would be just going somewhere we both like and just spending time together doing something we both like to do..and just talking and laughing, getting to know each other even better..it would be nice to have someone who acts more like a friend than a boyfriend, just someone you can have fun with is a good idea of a romantic date to me.

I've always thought going for a walk in the rain is romantic. If it rains really hard, there's hardly anyone out in the streets, and especially at night, it can get very atmospheric. Plus, getting inside and get dryed up is a good feeling too :)

A horse drawn sleigh ride, everything covered with fresh snow, snuggled under a blanket on a clear night, holding hands and watching the full moon pass slowly over head, a billion stars twinkling in the night sky, stealing a kiss as I watch the moonlight reflecting in her eyes. Returning home to a warm house, sitting on a blanket in the floor in front of the fireplace drinking hot chocalote , talking, touching until the sun comes up.

I think it sounds romantic.;)

Ah,...they are so wonderful...
As for me, I like the idea of a rainy night. We'd wait it out under a bus stop, a shade or something. ^_^

To have dinner, then maybe go watch a movie together. After go for a little walk alone the beach. Then back home to drink wine and nibbles out in the summer night on the patio :)

Latest posts

Back