Paying for advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Bogey

Reaction score
I've just had this look on a similar forum to this. On the right hand side of the screen were several photo's of people under the heading 'Expert Advice' - seems you can pay for advice over the phone. They charge a few pounds (or dollars) per minute. I can imagine they are keen to keep you talking.

Would anybody try this ?
I know I wouldn't.

images

Nope. If I'm gonna pay someone to give me bad advice, it'll be someone... wow, I don't know how to finish this sentence cleverly.

lol

SophiaGrace said:
Would it be a better use of your money than calling a sex line I wonder?

Aye, sex lines are for the truly desperate. I'd be embarrassed to admit it, even with online anonymity!

TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:
SophiaGrace said:
Would it be a better use of your money than calling a sex line I wonder?

that's something I wouldn't do as well.

How about psychic hotlines?

that's a big waste of money in my opinion.
Same as tarot card readings, mediums, clairvoyants. All rubbish.
All the women at work go and waste their money and believe all the crap they get told.

I once phoned a horoscope line and they did their best to keep me on the phone as long as possible. I kept asking the question I wanted an answer to, and they continued to beat about the bush, go round all the houses etc etc etc till in the end I put the phone down.

When I was sexually active IRL, I still called sex lines. It's not embarrassing. Never assume it's desperation; it could be hedonism. Sometimes I did it with my partners in the bed. I'm a glutton. If I can have it all then I will, because I can and it feels good. Money is a non-issue; it's meant to be thrown away, if you ask me.

Now that I'm no longer sexually active, I don't call sex lines. I'm not interested in sex, so I'm not interested in anything sexual. I'm very black-and-white like that.

To each their own. We all have our own unique reasons for doing what we do.

Latest posts

Back