I am doing it wrong...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VeganAtheist

Reaction score
Lately, I have been hanging out with - or dating - a young lady. She is really cool and I enjoy spending time with her. Problem is that my heart just isn't in it very much. My heart still largely belongs to my ex, whom I foolishly let back into my life as a friend.

Nothing is "official" with this new person. We haven't discussed whether or not we are girlfriend or boyfriend status yet. I want to avoid the discussion for now but of course I can't forever.

At times, I want to just stop trying to date anyone because it doesn't seem fair that I am not able to give my all to another person. On the other hand, dating seems to be part of the moving on process for most people.

Any advice? Should I just take a break from the dating scene again? I do not want to hurt anyone.

My advice would be: Don't jump into something you're just not feeling. If you like this young lady, then don't make it so she's the rebound. Wait until you've got your wits about you to move on, and then do so. If you try to force something, it won't be natural.

VanillaCreme said:
My advice would be: Don't jump into something you're just not feeling. If you like this young lady, then don't make it so she's the rebound. Wait until you've got your wits about you to move on, and then do so. If you try to force something, it won't be natural.
I am definitely trying not to jump into anything - nothing serious anyway. I am trying to keep it as casual as possible.
I don't think I am trying to force anything either.
My worry is that this young lady - or really any other woman - will have more feelings for me than I have for her and she ends up hurt. It would be really hard for me to forgive myself for breaking someones heart.

ABrokenMan said:
Get rid of your ex. Otherwise you are forever doomed.
That is probably the best thing for me but it is kinda complex. I don't think I can get rid of her like that. I can't.

Latest posts

Back