A really annoying problem.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitchyMango

Reaction score
I've tried being in a relationship many times, but always I would be rejected. Sometimes I would even approach girls I don't like just to see if it works, and I end up failing. Am i doing something wrong? I would always be nice and decent, and basically do everything correct. I always end up being "just a friend". How come? Is being yourself wrong? I mean, I am nice in nature. I can't change that. Even one time, I was rejected for being too nice... I need some ideas people, what should I do?

Girls these days are very weird. I don't even understand them, and I'm one of them.
Anyways, Just stay a nice person. that's all I can say.

GlitchyMango said:
I've tried being in a relationship many times, but always I would be rejected. Sometimes I would even approach girls I don't like just to see if it works, and I end up failing. Am i doing something wrong? I would always be nice and decent, and basically do everything correct. I always end up being "just a friend". How come? Is being yourself wrong? I mean, I am nice in nature. I can't change that. Even one time, I was rejected for being too nice... I need some ideas people, what should I do?

It happens. People get rejected for any number of reasons, some people more than others. We aren't owed love from anyone else. We simply move about this world and hope for the best.

You should stay the nice guy but do not succumb to "Nice Guy Syndrome". There is nothing wrong with being yourself, unless you are an *******.
I don't think you should change, especially to appease other people. Hopefully you will find someone who accepts you and loves your personality.

GlitchyMango said:

Maybe you're hitting on the wrong people? Wrong in the sense that they may not feel connected to you, or there may not be anything in common, or they don't know you well enough. In my opinion, the 2 people should get to know each other first, find things that are common and interesting about each other, develop that interest between each other... then you might see a positive outcome.

Don't change who you are. Just be yourself, and the right people will be attracted to you for you and not for the facade you put on if you're trying to pretend to be someone you're not. Good luck, Mango.

GlitchyMango said:

I get where you are coming from. This has been my experience as well. I can't speak for anyone else, but the impression that I get is that girls reject me because I don't have my basics covered, because I'm not interesting enough, and because I don't project a strong, clear identity. Maybe they don't know where I'd fit in to their life, just like how no one seems to know where I fit in to a job either. It's probably the same thing for both areas in my life. Again, I can't speak for you but I'd say try being more confident and interesting. That's a common problem area.

Latest posts

Back