My situation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kova

Reaction score
So yeah uhmm, here I am on this forum, in this section..browsing through the various problems and issues that people deal with here, so I thought I would post my situation :)

I have been single for about 2 years now, and I am sick of it, I am not the single kinda guy, I need someone around me to talk to about what my head is going around doing.

The past 2 years I just haven't met anyone whom I might be interested in, or is interested in me for that matter, and if you ask me I am not a bad looking guy, nor a super hot guy, I am..regular..you know?

I mean, do we really live in a world where a guy like me who is a little shy at first meetings, cannot find a girl because every girl I meet have their standards sky high..

Why can't I seem to meet anyone, not even just friends, I really need a girlfriend like...just a **** regular one, I ask for nothing out of the ordinary, I like stuff, she likes stuff, done, but nope that is impossible in our world apparently..

welcome to the forum kova :)

and you're exactly right...but it holds true also on the flip side...i don't know...people are strange when you're a stranger right?!...i really have no advice for you because this is a strange and shady world we live in these days...guys have to worry about girls being 'plastic' and girls have worry about guys being nut bags...what to do?

i hope you will find someone decent soon :)

DVEEUS said:
welcome to the forum kova :)

and you're exactly right...but it holds true also on the flip side...i don't know...people are strange when you're a stranger right?!...i really have no advice for you because this is a strange and shady world we live in these days...guys have to worry about girls being 'plastic' and girls have worry about guys being nut bags...what to do?

i hope you will find someone decent soon :)

Thank you Dveeus!

Kova said:
So yeah uhmm, here I am on this forum, in this section..browsing through the various problems and issues that people deal with here, so I thought I would post my situation :)

I have been single for about 2 years now, and I am sick of it, I am not the single kinda guy, I need someone around me to talk to about what my head is going around doing.

The past 2 years I just haven't met anyone whom I might be interested in, or is interested in me for that matter, and if you ask me I am not a bad looking guy, nor a super hot guy, I am..regular..you know?

I mean, do we really live in a world where a guy like me who is a little shy at first meetings, cannot find a girl because every girl I meet have their standards sky high..

Why can't I seem to meet anyone, not even just friends, I really need a girlfriend like...just a **** regular one, I ask for nothing out of the ordinary, I like stuff, she likes stuff, done, but nope that is impossible in our world apparently..

I'm not much help as I'm trying to figure out where a lady can go to meet a nice gentleman. Hopefully some others can give tips, which I might use too.
Welcome too :)

writerchick said:
I'm not much help as I'm trying to figure out where a lady can go to meet a nice gentleman. Hopefully some others can give tips, which I might use too.

i feel ya WC...i was always told 'go to church to find a decent man'...ummm...church people aren't always what they appear to be...it's just hard these days...i used to trust people until they gave me a reason not to...not feasible these days...you're throwing caution to the wind if you do that now...ugh :(

Kova said:
Thank you Dveeus!

you're very welcome kova :)

DVEEUS said:
writerchick said:

i feel ya WC...i was always told 'go to church to find a decent man'...ummm...church people aren't always what they appear to be...it's just hard these days...i used to trust people until they gave me a reason not to...not feasible these days...you're throwing caution to the wind if you do that now...ugh :(

That's been my experience as well. The holy rollers scare me and those guys who write in their profiles that Jesus is the most important person in their life or something about the bible being the only book they read troubles me. But that's just my 2 cents.

writerchick said:
That's been my experience as well. The holy rollers scare me and those guys who write in their profiles that Jesus is the most important person in their life or something about the bible being the only book they read troubles me. But that's just my 2 cents.

i 2nd that WC :)

I'm in the same situation and I'm coming to the end of the 3rd year of it...it's pretty ******* honeysuckle what can I say, just keep trying to get out and be sociable and maybe someone will come along. If not its still good practice to learn to talk to more people and women.

Hi Kova, welcome to ALL.

I'm just at the point of considering dipping my toe into the dating pool, having had an incredible experience with a very special man last year, I'm concerned I'm going to find it extremely difficult to ever find someone that will treat me with the same amount of care & respect that was shared.

Perhaps that makes my expectations too high, but after previously spending 16 years with an asshat pothead, I made a promise to myself(& to the lovely guy I was with last year) that I would never again tolerate being disrespected/not treated well.

I'll admit I have no bloody idea how to go about this 'dating malarky' thing, & I'm finding the thought of it all a bit daunting(if I'm completely honest but I'm not one for letting fear stand in my way).

I know the guy I was with last year was a decent sort, he can't be the only one, I also think I'm a fairly good egg, & there seems to be some lovely people around here too so maybe there is hope for us all.

It's just the finding where they all are hiding I guess.

Best of luck to us all on that score.

Go get 'em Alma! Take no prisoners!

Hope you find the all the happiness you deserve .

Welcome to the forum.

I have been single nearly 8 years, so 2 ain't so bad.

Keep looking, you''ll find somebody eventually.

Wow, I'd sign on the dotted line for only two years of being lonely.
As above, welcome to this fine place.

I think everyone's brainwashed in their own ways.

Both men and women have certain predispositions on the choices of their perceptions of the world, thus, translating to what we think are people's "standards".

Once you see that "standard" is merely our illusion to understand the "other" easier, then it becomes a matter of "piercing" through the layers of people's ideologies, and world beliefs, until you reach the basic core of a person, which is then ultimately you will see the human-ness of a person.

Everyone's the same with their own unique fears, compulsions, habits, dreams, and beliefs.

Regardless, either you find someone you can destroy and re-create both your ideological layers with,
or retain it, and instead find someone whom you can have a compatible delusion with.

Latest posts

Back