Christmas Card Exchange, 2014!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
For those of you who have been around a while, you will know what the deal is. For the newer folks, I'll explain...

For the last two years, someone on the forum has hosted a Christmas card exchange thread. Missy (who I dearly miss) did it the year before last and I did it last year.

The way cards are sent/received/exchanged seems to change a bit each year. The first year, Missy simply paired off forum members who wanted to participate and they exchanged addresses privately, via PM.

We did the "pairing" last year for those who only wanted to exchange with one person. However, a number of members wanted to send/receive/exchange with multiple members. So, everyone who wanted to do multiples, left a message in the thread saying how many they wanted to send or exchange.
I still have every lovely card I received from the last two years! It's a delight to send and receive the cards. Some even chose to make their own and send them.
If you would like to participate, simple let me know in the thread! All addresses are kept confidential if you choose to share via PM. You can either send them to me, or directly to your exchange partner, or to anyone else who is offering to send cards. :)
Do keep in mind that delivery times will vary, based on the country you're sending to. Some Asian countries seem to take the longest (up to a month) so keep that in mind when exchanging with someone in a country that has a longer delivery time.

Just like last year, I will send a card to anyone who would like one. I think I must have sent about 40 or 50 last year (I can't recall the exact number) and most were to people on this forum. Just send me your address via PM. Again, addresses are NOT shared unless specifically instructed.

I had quite a number of addresses in my inbox, but I lost them all when I took a break from being a mod (my mailbox shrunk). :p So, if I sent you one last year, and you'd like one this year, you'll need to give me your address again.

:D

PS. If we could possibly sticky this thread until after Christmas (like last year) that would be awesome!

Awesome, ladies! :D
Everyone just be sure to mention if you want to both send AND receive. Some folks last year wanted to send, but weren't really comfortable receiving (giving out their address - which is perfectly understandable).
I'll be monitoring the thread and keeping track of who wants to send/receive/exchange. I'm getting excited already. :)

Ooooh, I'd like to send and receive! The cards I received last year are in my Christmas Card Hall of Fame! Yay! :)

-Teresa

I'll participate. Sending out a few would be nice. I don't need to get any though.

I'll send :)

I'd be willing to receive too from people I've known on the forum for a while, like nilla or eve.

Don't need any stalkers from people I don't know very well. :l

SophiaGrace said:

I'd be willing to receive too from people I've known on the forum for a while, like nilla or eve.

Yeah, understandable. I'm not against receiving any myself, but not because I'm wary of people knowing my address. Dogs and guns here. I'm well-protected.

Rosebolt said:
VanillaCreme said:
Dogs and guns here. I'm well-protected.

LOL. Is that a challenge? ;)

I always am prepared for someone to slap me in the face with a glove.

robin-hood-men-in-tights-avi_snapshot_00-43-34_2014-02-20_21-28-22.jpg

VanillaCreme said:
Dogs and guns here. I'm well-protected.

I live in an area where guns aren't sold and in a building where no pets are allowed.

:< muy jealous.

EveWasFramed said:
I still have every lovely card I received from the last two years! It's a delight to send and receive the cards. Some even chose to make their own and send them.

I do too! It was a lovely thing to do. Even if it's just receiving cards in the mail - it meant a lot to me. I don't know, it's a nice warm, feeling.

I'll send and receive. I'll do multiples but, I might only be okay with those I've known for awhile or well enough. I will also still send one to the member I was paired up with last year. She's been really nice and we do still keep in touch now and then. And to you too, Eve, like last year!

SophiaGrace said:

What about a stalker you know? :shy:

Stalking? I'm in....

lol

I'd like to take part in the card exchange please, I'm happy to send & recieve-no guns here....I do have a dog & swords which I am skilled in using, but I can also kill you with my bear hands heehee

Latest posts

Back