In hiding

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alma lost her spoon

Reaction score
I'm doing that thing, I call it 'hiding'.

I've noticed I've been selective about reading answering emails/calls/txts.

The last few weeks I've been finding it difficult to keep up with my exercise routine, my sleep pattern is suffering & I'm drinking alcohol.

I need to find some of my inner strength to fight my way back out to the light-I don't want to be stuck here for any length of time-or worse yet, I can't allow myself to fall back any further.

This is a statement of my intention to pick myself up & force myself to start moving forward once more.

Keep pushing forth. You're strong enough to succeed.

serenade-9.jpg

I never truly know what to say when reading things like this, so enjoy this lovely bear.

Let us know what can we do to best help and support you through this so that you don't have to feel you are alone in it all.

I wish you the best in pulling out of this.

I find there are those times when I need to shutdown from everyone - like right now.
It helps me to focus on ME.
The tricky part is knowing when to slowly retract and begin a return to normalcy.

Hiding doesn't solve anything Alma.I was hiding the other day,and you found me!

You brought me back into the light.

Come on,Alma,put your glad rags on,a big smile,and come out and take on the World!

I don't know if it will help but I may have found your spoon! was it a silver plated Apostle spoon?? I was recently fishing in between the arms of my settee in search of a mislaid nugget of crack cocaine...when I discovered the spoon and being aware of your recent loss of a spoon...wondered if by some incongruous twist of fate they were one and the same.😗

Thanks sothatwml, I know you mean well, & it's my own fault for choosing my name so carelessly......

I do actually know the location of my spoon, & my spoon knows where I am also, we just can't be together-this may have some bearing on my current issues...I am working on this & sometimes I really think I'm getting somewhere with it all & other times.....well y'know.....thanks though.

Thanks Gabe & Brokendude too.

It must be that time of year, because I've had one of those weeks too. I seem to have slipped backwards. I've lost my motivation and my desire and I know it's because I'm lonely and that's pushed me into focusing on someone that's long gone.

I can't offer advice, but I can offer encouragement and a 'kind ear' should you ever need to get anything off your chest.

You're an unstoppable whirlwind of positivity and strength - you just need to remember that :)

hey sister...hang in there...you're a very strong woman...but i know...i get that way as well...you'll snap out of it...keep your chin up :)

Sorry for the late reply, but I freely admit that (due to my own struggles) it's difficult for me to respond to threads like this.
However, I want you to know that I think you are one of the strongest people I've been fortunate to run across on line.
(There are a number of people on this forum that I feel this way about.)
You will overcome and look back and know that you are strong and that this is/was only a bump in the road of your life.
I admire you for your strength.

From your posts I've seen... yeah. I'll agree with the others, you're one of the strongest people I've seen on this forum. I wish you all the best. You can do this. Best of luck. :)

You can do it Alma. Just keep pushing through, this phase will pass. *hugs*

EveWasFramed said:
However, I want you to know that I think you are one of the strongest people I've been fortunate to run across on line.

My sentiments exactly.

I will add my voice that I see you as a wonderful, confident, strong, person. We all cycle to which I can strongly relate. Just know that folks here care about you Alma and wish you nothing but good spirits, and bright blessings.. ^.^

Try doing the smallest thing possible towards reversing it. Then another small thing. Then another. Eventually it will be done.

For example. Instead of going to the gym or whatever your normal exercise routine is, maybe do something different that doesn't take longer than even 5 minutes. Maybe just go outside in the cold with a coat on and do as many jumping jacks as you can. Or instead of the alcohol, try a different beverage for the **** of it. Chocolate milk, perhaps?

Arachne said:
I will add my voice that I see you as a wonderful, confident, strong, person. We all cycle to which I can strongly relate. Just know that folks here care about you Alma and wish you nothing but good spirits, and bright blessings.. ^.^

I ain't gettin on no bike fool![/MrT] :p

Seriously though thanks.....& you're right, but sometimes, like right now, I get a little too good at letting things slide & I get pissed at myself, rather than just powering on through.

Note to self: Get up off my lazy arse & get on with sorting it all out!

Alma lost her spoon said:
Arachne said:

I ain't gettin on no bike fool![/MrT] :p

Seriously though thanks.....& you're right, but sometimes, like right now, I get a little too good at letting things slide & I get pissed at myself, rather than just powering on through.

Note to self: Get up off my lazy arse & get on with sorting it all out!

Haha. Looks like I'm not the only one then. I get that too sometimes. When it does, I usually give myself a treat. Y'know, like a nice cup of tea. Takes your mind off of it for a bit. Hope it helps! :)

Hey, good timing Mr Seal.

I take my mind off things by flicking the bean hah most often that works-not always possible though...

Tough day today, can't seem to stop myself at times revisiting this time last year & wondering how I'm going to ever make it through the rest of the year, not to mention Christmas(I'm struggling with the schmaltz I've been exposed to already!) & as for Hogmany/New Years.....the only thing I can think about how to cope with Hogmany is to take something that will know me flat out & wake up sometime next year.

Latest posts

Back