Women!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mr. Guest

I don't get them! I just don't. I've been successfully single for four years now, and I'm just getting more and more frustrated as time goes on. I meet women easily enough; through friends and what have you. However, it's somewhere in this process that things go horribly awry. Somewhere between meeting me for the first time and me asking them for dinner, some kind of alarm goes off stating that now is the time to run. I mean, I don't THINK I'm that horrible of a person. I'd do anything for anybody; I'm the door mat, and happy to be it. I've thought perhaps I was too clingy, and despite the amount of toned down clinginess, still no luck. I used to not think I was too horrendously ugly, but I think this is where my assumption makes an ass out of me. Some girls openly admit that they "like" me over phone or internet, but after they meet me for the first time, bang! Suddenly this disappears, and I'm left alone again. I guess I'm just no good with women at all! It's so frustrating to see guys who treat women like crap get them, yet I suffer. Infuriating! I'm not even trying anything crazy; hell, I just want a date. Am I so unbearable they don't want free food? Bah, I guess this is just a general rant; if I didn't say anything, I was going to have a stroke from the pent up anger.

This is from a woman's perspective. Insecure women want men that seem like a knight in shining armor. Confident women want men that are honest and real.

Are you going after women that seem confident but truly aren't? Are you looking for a princess? Or will you be happy with a real woman?

Its all smoke and mirrors when you get down to it. Once the hair is down, mascara smeared and lipsticked wiped away we are all the same.

I've been around the block a few times and come to realize the saying is true that its what's inside that counts.

i do agree with that one! i mean your right it's nothing but smoke and mirrors that trick the mind. just be real to your self and be true and honest to them. and you will find someone thats worth it all. for they have taken the time to get to know you and leasen to you as you do them. thats what matters is that both partys take time to really get to know each other and find each other as one. thats what i like to beleave.

hmm,maybe you're pursuing the wrong kind of women.but never give up,there's someone for everybody.

No woman, confident or insecure, is looking for an insecure man. People like me will always be alone, because as long as I'm alone I'll be insecure.

i do agree with that one! i mean your right it's nothing but smoke and mirrors that trick the mind. just be real to your self and be true and honest to them. and you will find someone thats worth it all. for they have taken the time to get to know you and leasen to you as you do them. thats what matters is that both partys take time to really get to know each other and find each other as one. thats what i like to beleave.

That's what I like to believe too, unfortunately it's not true. I'm an honest person, but have learned again and again that honesty is almost never the best policy. Women don't want truth, they want what they want to hear. If you're lonely and hurting like me and are foolish enough to reveal that, then you might as well not even try.

I'm pretty much a doormat myself and will do anything for ppl...most of my frens have been getting dates every week while i'm left at home all lonely...Its not that i'm unattractive though...a lot of my frens including girls have commented that I look good and all...I have a feeling its due to my lack of social skills and my extreme shyness...I can never keep a conversation flowing nicely and i can never look people in the eyes while concentrate on what i'm goin to say....and it pisses me off that my younger brother is such a freakin player...i'm the exact opposite of him...all I want is a simple date! I've never enjoyed being in parties, proms and gatherings cos i'm left out most of the time...sigh...I just feel so honeysuckle sometimes that I cant concentrate on my studies at uni....

yeah, i know how u feel buddy. i am jus the same as yours, i jus need someone who i can take care of. i dont want to be a doormat though, that is just losing self esteem. and i hate ppl who treat their gfs like crap. of all the girls i have spoken to in the last year, 3 out of 4 told me that they are sick of theor bfs coz those guys treat them like crap.

same here. with me i have become antisocial alltogether. i don't even know how to go out and make friends anymore. i just go to school then come home and chill with my roomies who also like myself just keep to themselves. i wan't a change but i have no clue on how to go about doing it since in high school ppl would call me to parties and such. if i can't even do this how will i ever get a girlfriend?

Colette said:
This is from a woman's perspective. Insecure women want men that seem like a knight in shining armor. Confident women want men that are honest and real.

Are you going after women that seem confident but truly aren't? Are you looking for a princess? Or will you be happy with a real woman?

Its all smoke and mirrors when you get down to it. Once the hair is down, mascara smeared and lipsticked wiped away we are all the same.

I've been around the block a few times and come to realize the saying is true that its what's inside that counts.

Nice post Colette

Latest posts

Back