Melancholy // I presume

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack C

Reaction score
Overwhelming Melancholy I suppose

I have depression, and recently discovered more about it, particularly how it manifests sometimes. I keep having sudden appearances of deep melancholy, I feel overcome with dejection and despondency. I'm writing this within the nexus of an episode, Deeply sad and terrorising thoughts keep coming to mind throwing me further and further towards total breakdown. I have many conditions extensively barraging me simultaneously, It honestly feels like an infinity of constant concoctions intermingling randomly, producing unknown outcomes that also contributed to a severe state of down.

These thoughts, particularly one that affects me most, is the thought of my mother dying. She is the greatest women alive, to me, and I owe her everything I have. I cannot even imagine what life would be like without her, I can only understand that life would be of very little worth. The others are due to the absence of love, social interaction, and no doubt other factors that I cannot seem to explain nor can any expert I have seen. One doctor, a psychologist, proposes that it's an entirely new form of cognitive condition causing an otherwise Unexplainable discommode, to him there is no other way to account for it.

The very escapade of speaking of this causes me great discomfort and pain.
I cannot live my life like this, it is simply too anxious, apprehensive and restless.

I really try to escape from reality, I smoke Pot and that helps me a lot, I try to find happiness at the bottom of a bottle often and I always end up in the exact same position. What can I do? I am absolutely sure that nobody, ever in the history of life, has experienced this. I could continue writing this forever to explain it, but it would never end. I presume a lot of you have had depression and perhaps can give me an intimation as to what I should do?

Well depression aside...you certainly have a literary flair and maybe self expression is a route into a more helpful way of thinking.....have you looked at the 'Writing Blocks' thread....it's under the Express yourself section....at the moment apart from one other contributer which was really appreciated....I appear to be writing it single handed, which was"t at all my intention...

Just a passing thought, but have you looked into things like OCD? One thing that people with OCD may go through is recurring intrusive thoughts of bad things happening, in particular if they don't perform certain rituals to ensure the safety of themselves and their loved ones. That's not absolutely required as far as I know, though, and some people have more problems with the obsessive, intrusive thoughts than with compulsive rituals. I've even seen someone with an obsessive fear that they're secretly transgender.

This sounds similar to a large collection of troubles that I've heard about, so I'm gonna call BS on all those doctors and suggest you find new support, either in-person or in online support groups. Sudden depressive episodes, recurring thoughts of loved ones dying, etc, are all extremely common symptoms and if there's no trail to be picked up for an actual diagnosis there should at least be ways to tackle individual symptoms without alcohol and pot. Recurring thoughts of people dying are recurring thoughts of people dying, whether it's OCD or a mystery disorder. You at least deserve a plan to stabilize your life and not them scratching their heads and saying "I don't know."

^^ Pretty much what tealeaf said. In addition, pot and alcohol will actually make depression worse, especially if your body develops a dependence for them.

I wish you the best of luck. :)

Jack C said:
Overwhelming Melancholy I suppose

I have depression, and recently discovered more about it, particularly how it manifests sometimes. I keep having sudden appearances of deep melancholy, I feel overcome with dejection and despondency. I'm writing this within the nexus of an episode, Deeply sad and terrorising thoughts keep coming to mind throwing me further and further towards total breakdown. I have many conditions extensively barraging me simultaneously, It honestly feels like an infinity of constant concoctions intermingling randomly, producing unknown outcomes that also contributed to a severe state of down.

These thoughts, particularly one that affects me most, is the thought of my mother dying. She is the greatest women alive, to me, and I owe her everything I have. I cannot even imagine what life would be like without her, I can only understand that life would be of very little worth. The others are due to the absence of love, social interaction, and no doubt other factors that I cannot seem to explain nor can any expert I have seen. One doctor, a psychologist, proposes that it's an entirely new form of cognitive condition causing an otherwise Unexplainable discommode, to him there is no other way to account for it.

The very escapade of speaking of this causes me great discomfort and pain.
I cannot live my life like this, it is simply too anxious, apprehensive and restless.

I really try to escape from reality, I smoke Pot and that helps me a lot, I try to find happiness at the bottom of a bottle often and I always end up in the exact same position. What can I do? I am absolutely sure that nobody, ever in the history of life, has experienced this. I could continue writing this forever to explain it, but it would never end. I presume a lot of you have had depression and perhaps can give me an intimation as to what I should do?

I've experienced most of that, and continue to. I'm such a miserble git now that I can't even be around people. I've got alcahol issues at the moment, and have been very tempted by the dirty weed lately. I realised that I need to give up teh drink, it is a depresant in itself. I think you should consider giving up those two particular vices too.

Latest posts

Back