Doctor Who and Capaldi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealeaf

Reaction score
Now that we're several episodes into our latest doctor, opinions?

I'm actually pretty delighted at the changes so far. Now that Clara has a love interest and our good doctor is no longer a cute boy toy, the relationship between them is less fangirl fuel and a little darker. I know it's always been a subtle thing at least in the reboot (when watching my father's Baker episodes, I was too young to pick up on anything saucy), but it's something I've always hated.

Tennant, for one was cute enough to not need the imagination fuel.

I haven't really watched Dr Who since I was a child in the 70s, Tom Baker was quite a hero of mine, I was so proud of my scarf.

That said I did catch the last couple of episodes of the current series & it was ok.

Alma lost her spoon said:
I haven't really watched Dr Who since I was a child in the 70s, Tom Baker was quite a hero of mine, I was so proud of my scarf.

That said I did catch the last couple of episodes of the current series & it was ok.

I loved the scarf, but Tom Baker kind of freaked out 11-year-old me.

I guess I was just as strange a child as I am an adu.....oh wait, I'm not really one of them:p

Strange!:D

9ropK0S.gif

I fully agree with you tealeaf. I have been a Dr who fan since a child. I will forever be obsessed about Time Lord William Hartnell watching the first episodes as a toddler, playing with my dalecks and screaming at a photo session when I was 3 folks wanted a portrait. **** fool photographer kept showing me a stupid rubber ducky. I would have none of it bawling for a lick lick lol thats what I called em. I do not think I have missed a single episode since the beginning. I get the magazine each month and do not ask me erm how many things Doctor I own lol. Just wish I still had my silver daleck from the 60's mum threw em out o_O. When we moved to Canada. Had to watch Dr Who on CBC or PBS ..I am a proud whovian ^.^

Watch "The Day of the Doctor", it's very good. It also has a small cameo by Tom Baker. :)

Anyways, I loved Capaldi as the Doctor however the season was a bit mediocre... my fav episode was with the 2D people, it stands out among one of the creepiest episodes ever.

Clara has become really annoying and I'm so glad she's leaving.

I liked Time Heist.

I lead my country's official DW fanclub yay

Rainbows said:
Clara has become really annoying and I'm so glad she's leaving.

I liked Time Heist.

I lead my country's official DW fanclub yay

Oh goodness, yes...

Right now she actually has a personality and a background that isn't woo-woo mysterious so she's not as bad as she used to be, but I'd like another Donna. A person who isn't a love interest and is pointedly flawed and human. The latest episodes with Danny did pack a little punch, though.

Peter Capaldi was fantastic in Series 8, but the episodes were wanting. Clara had promise, but I felt that her character arc this series was disjointed and confusing, and I thought that her "romance" arc was a disappointment. People are saying the Clara character is exiting the series, and I say it's a year too late.

Anyway, I loved Michelle Gomez as Missy. (No spoilers from me. lol) I only knew her from watching her in "The Book Group," so when I learned she was playing a mystery character on DW, I was quite delighted. She really chewed up her scenes, and seeing her act with Capaldi on the show was probably the highlight of this series for me.

But if I had to pick one episode that I enjoyed most, it was probably "Time Heist." I loved the "Ocean's 11" style theme, and even though the ending was nearly identical to one from the previous series, it was still a fun, exciting episode, and one of the few that I didn't have issues with.

Case said:
Anyway, I loved Michelle Gomez as Missy. (No spoilers from me. lol) I only knew her from watching her in "The Book Group," so when I learned she was playing a mystery character on DW, I was quite delighted. She really chewed up her scenes, and seeing her act with Capaldi on the show was probably the highlight of this series for me.

Missy was fantastic. Though her ending was kind of weak.

I think Doctor Who has been Shite for the last four years or so, since David Tennant left. I hoped it would improve with Peter Capaldi, but it just hasn't.

To me Peter Capaldi is not Doctor Who, he's Malcolm Tucker (from The Thick Of It, the British forerunner of Veep).

TomL said:
I think Doctor Who has been Shite for the last four years or so, since David Tennant left. I hoped it would improve with Peter Capaldi, but it just hasn't.

To me Peter Capaldi is not Doctor Who, he's Malcolm Tucker (from The Thick Of It, the British forerunner of Veep).

Well, sounds more so like you aren't a fan of Steven Moffat as the show runner. Hopefully you'll enjoy Series 10 with the new show runner and possibly a new Doctor.

In the very least, I thought the premiere of Series 9 was absolutely fantastic and an actual nod to Classic Who.

Latest posts

Back