Game Development

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not developing anything currently but I can certainly appreciate the process. Good stuff man, is game design something you're looking into professionally or are you more of a hobbyist? The only work I've been able to do with games thus far has come post-release in the community assistant capacity...still want to make my own eventually though. :p

Thanks! So far I see it as a hobby. If an opportunity rises to make it professional I'll gladly take it.
You can make some games during your spare time just like I do. :) They don't have to be triple-A rated, even the simplest concept is good if it's fun and enjoyable.

I can't see the vid's for some reason but I'm gonna go to uni (again) next year to do videogame design and development. But Im a bit lost in how to get started hahaha

My friend lostear would LOVE to help develop a game I think. I'll link him to this thread.

mattathyah said:
I can't see the vid's for some reason but I'm gonna go to uni (again) next year to do videogame design and development. But Im a bit lost in how to get started hahaha

If you wanted to get started a little early, any rudimentary programming experience would only help.

Sophiegrace is right, I would love to make a game. Been trying to figure out what programming language to get into. Been considering Java due to the fact that I could use it to make android apps and games. I'm open to anything though. And getting involved with a current project may be the best option for me to get my feet wet.

DariusArgent, what are you using to develop this game?

Yeah I'm developing a visual novel style game. I could actually need some ideas about how to end it though, i'm kindof in a standstill, can somebody help?

BrokenGlassbyBrick said:
Yeah I'm developing a visual novel style game. I could actually need some ideas about how to end it though, i'm kindof in a standstill, can somebody help?

Maybe if you give more detail.

I study game design with Train2Game (online course in UK). I'm at the end of "stage" 2. After that I'm working on my portfolio. To be fair, the course is more like a guide where you don't get completely lost with ideas and where to start from. I like it. I'm still in the theoretical part of doing my first game(s)... Haven't decided which one to do.

DariusArgent your progress looks really good. Do you do your own art? If I could be helpful with anything, I'll be glad to give you a hand :)

Latest posts

Back