Have you been diagnosed with anything? Mental illness? Health issue? If so, what?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you been diagnosed with?

• Depression

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Anxiety

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Aspergers

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Borderline Personality Disorder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OCD

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • PTSD

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Insomnia

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Thyroid Issues

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Adjustment Disorder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

SophiaGrace

I've been diagnosed with aplasia of the mandible, cleft palate and conductive hearing loss.

Depression too.

You?

Also, if you click Other as a response, please put down what it is you've been diagnosed with in your post on this thread. :)

Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, and though it wasn't diagnosed, I appeared to have fit the symptoms for depression at one point.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Asperger's Syndrome...
Interesting. This surprises me. When compared to some previous members who have claimed to have that particular illness, you seem different (I've noticed a couple of others on the forum who have it who act differently as well). I seriously wouldn't have guessed you had Asperger's.

EveWasFramed said:
Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Asperger's Syndrome...
Interesting. This surprises me. When compared to some previous members who have claimed to have that particular illness, you seem different (I've noticed a couple of others on the forum who have it who act differently as well). I seriously wouldn't have guessed you had Asperger's.

Funny story actually. I didn't realize it for years (I was a bully back then because I thought people liked that) When I did realize it, well, Asperger's is pretty mild on the Autism spectrum and I sort of accepted it. When high school came around, I hit a low point and did not fit in, so my only option was to try to change and act like everyone else. I try to hide behavior related to it and usually only show my Asperger's side when I'm alone.

Hypothyroidism. Hashimoto's thyroiditis (healed now). Raynaud's phenomenon. Depression at one point. And vitamin D deficiency at the moment - if that's worth mentioning.

Depression, Anxiety, absolutely raging Insomnia.

I've got some PTSD-related stuff but it's not as bad as it could be, just the aftermath of a particularly nasty near-death car wreck. I get all jittery in cars and have flash backs if the person I'm driving with is an idiot.

I have thyroid issues, and I'm pretty sure I have some degree of undiagnosed OCD. I had undiagnosed work anxiety and depression previously. Right now, I'm not sure what I'm going through. It's mainly feeling numbed for some time.

Insomnia among various issues I'd rather not list. Kind of a long list it is

ME/heavy metal poisoning, some allergies, radiation sensitivity

insomnia, since secondary school, but it's rather a circadian rhythm out of whack

will spare you the smaller ailments

ive never been officially diagnosed with anything. but probably ocd. i was thinking of making a separate post about it, because something has really been bothering me lately. i used to be caught up in superstitions and strange handwashing habits. when i used to hear about or think about certain topics, my whole day was ruined. i tried to force myself not to think of these things but that only made the thoughts show up more. i used to have terrible, paralyzing fear of one certain way of dying. the funny thing is, these thoughts that used to bother me always went away on their own, and looking back, they looked completely stupid to me. but now, i am bothered by intrusive, morbid thoughts often, but this time they are about others instead of myself. the thought loops feel really intense sometimes, but like i was saying elsewhere, when i have 3 or 4 drinks, it is greatly diminished. i even see the thoughts as ridiculous and wonder how i got them in the first place.

also, Sophia, I played that Depression Quest game in your signature and noticed a few similarities between it and my life. like feeling constantly tired, never feeling like getting up in the morning no matter how long ive been in bed, having a hard time sleeping, feeling very little motivation to do things i have to do like homework and job applications, feeling very little motivation to do even things i want to do like hobbies because i'm afraid i just can't do it, getting distracted very easily on YouTube, Google, or Wikipedia, and just overall feeling trapped on a path i want to get off of but don't see how i can do more with my life. feeling very limited in terms of possibilities or success.

i'm hoping these are some things i can learn to get rid of on my own, because neither me nor my family has money for a therapist and i don't want to be put on pharmaceuticals. i just don't trust big pharma and i dont want to do anything that would raise my already ridiculous health insurance bill - other than glasses for driving, i'm healthy but its still cripplingly expensive. i just dont want to get bent over by those dirty bastards anymore. besides, the thoughts always went away before. i try to meditate them away, and it works for a while but i want to get rid of the morbid obsessive thought and the feeling of being fundamentally limited for good.

Depression and OCD.

I remember taking an examination at the start of 2013, and afterwards I was pulled aside to talk about depression when I thought what I was describing was just a large amount of tension and anxiety. Funny... a life where I don't think about suicide half the time in the back of my mind and where feeling good isn't a once-weekly glimmer for an hour, and I'm still considered depressed. I remember the first time I had two days in a row where I didn't feel bad last summer, and I thought it was some kind of miracle. Just blew my mind.

ADHD...One of my therapist said I had depression, and I didn't want to believe her back then though.

Aspergers, OCD, depression and anxiety.
Was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia in the late 70's. Apparemtly this was quite common with people who later turned out to have AS instead.

TheSkaFish said:
also, Sophia, I played that Depression Quest game in your signature and noticed a few similarities between it and my life. like feeling constantly tired, never feeling like getting up in the morning no matter how long ive been in bed, having a hard time sleeping, feeling very little motivation to do things i have to do like homework and job applications, feeling very little motivation to do even things i want to do like hobbies because i'm afraid i just can't do it, getting distracted very easily on YouTube, Google, or Wikipedia, and just overall feeling trapped on a path i want to get off of but don't see how i can do more with my life. feeling very limited in terms of possibilities or success.

i'm hoping these are some things i can learn to get rid of on my own, because neither me nor my family has money for a therapist and i don't want to be put on pharmaceuticals. i just don't trust big pharma and i dont want to do anything that would raise my already ridiculous health insurance bill - other than glasses for driving, i'm healthy but its still cripplingly expensive. i just dont want to get bent over by those dirty bastards anymore. besides, the thoughts always went away before. i try to meditate them away, and it works for a while but i want to get rid of the morbid obsessive thought and the feeling of being fundamentally limited for good.

Wow, I didn't realize that that game would help someone recognize they had depression. I thought it was just for people who had never experienced depresion, to help them recognize what depression was.

SophiaGrace said:
Wow, I didn't realize that that game would help someone recognize they had depression. I thought it was just for people who had never experienced depresion, to help them recognize what depression was.

well, i don't know whether i actually have it, or if there are just some overlap between my life and the example they gave of depression. i feel very frustrated and stuck in life often. i never feel quite as bad as in the game, but sometimes it gets close. especially the feeling like an alien, like i dont belong anywhere.

Only my hereditary heart problem, but my heart was broken years ago anyway .

Latest posts

Back