Lonliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
******* lonliness.

There must be a solution.

I mean serial killers in jail have fans for god's sake.

Am not a serial killer, am nice and passavist.

Hey c.james

Feeling so alone sux, just remember that there are people here who give a ****.

I've found joining in here, & going into the chatroom can be helpful when I feel the need for company.

cumulus.james said:
******* lonliness.

Yes but it's an option....though not without it's difficulties...and you don't need all the stresses and strains of maintaining a decent body count 😨

Alma lost her spoon said:
Hey c.james

I've found joining in here, & going into the chatroom can be helpful when I feel the need for company.

Like where I live now is of no help, because all I see are people who have other people going about thier lives with other people. And i just sit here alone. I gont no clue what it is like to have or make a freind right now. Because of other stuff I know I will never have a partner. No freinds and no partner in my future is a very bleak future.

sothatwasmylife said:
cumulus.james said:
******* lonliness.

Yes but it's an option....though not without it's difficulties...and you don't need all the stresses and strains of maintaining a decent body count 😨

LOL - but seriosly, I could never harm another human no matter what. Yet nasty bastards get all the glory.

cumulus.james said:
Hey c.james

Like where I live now is of no help, because all I see are people who have other people going about thier lives with other people. And i just sit here alone. I gont no clue what it is like to have or make a freind right now. Because of other stuff I know I will never have a partner. No freinds and no partner in my future is a very bleak future.

I know how you feel. I get lonely a lot too.
But hey, look at all of the people who've been talking to you. You may be lonely there, but here, I think you've already been accepted by a lot of people. :D

I'll also recommend the chat room. I used to think it wouldn't help me, but boy, I've never been so wrong here before.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
cumulus.james said:
Hey c.james

I know how you feel. I get lonely a lot too.
But hey, look at all of the people who've been talking to you. You may be lonely there, but here, I think you've already been accepted by a lot of people. :D

I'll also recommend the chat room. I used to think it wouldn't help me, but boy, I've never been so wrong here before.

yeh I do apprecieate it I really do, but it is words via an interface. Not the same as having an actual human to talk to.

james, your profile says you're in Essex.

I can suggest one way to make new friends where you are, get yourself along to your local roller derby league & ask if you can help them in any way.....roller derby leagues are always looking for people to assist them, whether it be lending a hand at a bout, training up as a Non skating official, or helping out in one of the many committees-believe me there's a heck of a lot of work involved in running a derby league & the people are friendly.

It's a wonderful way to make lots of new pals!

I can suggest one way to make new friends where you are, get yourself along to your local roller derby league & ask if you can help them in any way.....roller derby leagues are always looking for people to assist them, whether it be lending a hand at a bout, training up as a Non skating official, or helping out in one of the many committees-believe me there's a heck of a lot of work involved in running a derby league & the people are friendly.

What the fresia is a "derby league" - sounds horriffic....

Skating! I am 34 not 14.

There are lots of potential solutions... the problem is just finding one that's applicable to your situation and that actually gets results. Funny, there are probably hundreds or thousands of self-help books and articles out there in addition to meet ups, and yet people still walk away feeling alone or without having found any sparks of connection. You can improve the circumstances and the tools, but you can't change luck, the mind is slow to change, and you're screwing yourself if you change identities.

No such thing as the Just World, though. Discount all talk from those sheltered and privileged enough to preach it; it's Santa Claus for grown-ups.

cumulus.james said:

Skating! I am 34 not 14.

It was only a suggestion, if you had bothered to follow the link I posted you would have been able to read what a derby league is, had you bothered to properly read my post you would have noted I said "Non skating offical" & committee work. I didn't actually suggest that you skate!

As for your 'advanced years' I'm sorry I had no idea you were so decrepit:p

For the record, I'm 43 & I skate.

I have to wonder is the question are you grumpy because you're lonely...or is it are you lonely because you're grumpy?

The reason I ask is because of the tone you took to me in your reply, I was just making a small effort to be helpful & friendly.

cumulus.james said:

Skating! I am 34 not 14.

It was only a suggestion, if you had bothered to follow the link I posted you would have been able to read what a derby league is, had you bothered to properly read my post you would have noted I said "Non skating offical" & committee work. I didn't actually suggest that you skate!

As for your 'advanced years' I'm sorry I had no idea you were so decrepit:p

For the record, I'm 43 & I skate.

I have to wonder is the question are you grumpy because you're lonely...or is it are you lonely because you're grumpy?

The reason I ask is because of the tone you took to me in your reply, I was just making a small effort to be helpful & friendly.

I am too drunk to see at the moment. I can't be doing with links and information and stuff.

as i've said on another thread, try new things, no matter how silly they seem! Follow Alma's advice, while I got no idea what a roller derby league is, the only thing i noticed on the link is pretty girls roller-ing around , it seems like a fun event to get involved and have fun and meet new people! You got nothing to lose but your time, I think it's something you could sacrifice in hopes of having fun and meeting people!

Also, what if you're 34? That doesn't mean you cant skate or do other things that "young people do". Well, im 21 and got no idea how to skate :p Anyways, hang around these forums, preferable while sober :D You may be reading words on a screen, but remember, it's humans that are sending them, humans that care about you even if you may never talked to them before. I know that the power of a hug is way stronger than 10000000 words, but some times, these "words on a screen" may give you enough confidence boost and moral support to get some progress IRL

Couple of years ago in Brighton, I saw a group of 40/50 yr old men rollerblading. I thought they looked like twats, but thats my own prejudice I guess.

Our society judges people so as to inhibit and assault thier very person - I judge people, and I suffer from being judged or the potential effects of being judged. As an example, I allways liked wearing nailvarnish (was a gothy kid). To do that now seems impossible. Few years ago you had them "Emo kids" who were kind of ambiguous and prone to bits of makeup. I was very jelouse of that.

I'll bet that group of rollerblading men were having way too much fun to be worrying about what you or anyone else thought of them.

I guess that's what it comes down to many times, I can stay at home & feel like crap without fear of anyone judging me, or I can get out ther & experience life, have fun, & meet people & just not give a hoot what anyone may think about me!

Hmmmn seems like a bit of a no-brainer to me, only person stopping ourselves is ourselves!

only person stopping ourselves is ourselves!

Might be true for normal people. If you had the honeysuckle kicked out of your confidence and self esteem at 14 and spent your who life with the fight or flight responce turned up to 11 it is harder. I have a deep need to fade into the backround and not be noticed. But much of my true personalty, if expressed would very much get me noticed.

What do you know of me, or my past james?

I suffer with depression & anxiety, my own mother could not love me, I lost my father(my absolute world) when I was 21. I have hardly any family save a sister living at the other end of the UK, I'm in massive amounts of debt, I met the man of my dreams, we cannot be together & I am struggling to come to terms with that loss on top of everything else, as a child I would have been the ultimate target for bullying save one thing.......I have always been aware that I was that one little fighter that made it through, I fought stronger, harder, faster from the start & I do it over & over no matter the odds because that is all I know how to do.

I understand not everyone may feel the way I do & I do respect that, but I have to keep going no matter what, yes I fall down, but you know what? The main reason I love playing roller derby is because when I play it is a physical reminder of what life is all about, I get knocked over but I get back up as fast as I can & get myself back into the game-it's all there is to do.

I hope you can find whatever strength you need to fight on in whatever way you can-don't ever give in.

cumulus.james said:

Might be true for normal people. If you had the honeysuckle kicked out of your confidence and self esteem at 14 and spent your who life with the fight or flight responce turned up to 11 it is harder. I have a deep need to fade into the backround and not be noticed. But much of my true personalty, if expressed would very much get me noticed.

So, basically you aren't even going to try Alma's advice and are instead going to sit there.

I understand you're wounded but you need to at least try to help yourself dude.

What do you know of me, or my past james?

I suffer with depression & anxiety, my own mother could not love me, I lost my father(my absolute world) when I was 21. I have hardly any family save a sister living at the other end of the UK, I'm in massive amounts of debt, I met the man of my dreams, we cannot be together & I am struggling to come to terms with that loss on top of everything else, as a child I would have been the ultimate target for bullying save one thing.......I have always been aware that I was that one little fighter that made it through, I fought stronger, harder, faster from the start & I do it over & over no matter the odds because that is all I know how to do.

I understand not everyone may feel the way I do & I do respect that, but I have to keep going no matter what, yes I fall down, but you know what? The main reason I love playing roller derby is because when I play it is a physical reminder of what life is all about, I get knocked over but I get back up as fast as I can & get myself back into the game-it's all there is to do.

I hope you can find whatever strength you need to fight on in whatever way you can-don't ever give in.

I don't know about anyone or thier past. It's a big part of the problem. I struggle to connect or identify or empathise with anyone who is not me. Don't mean to be like it. My experiences led to extreme selfishness. I think I need to step out of myself and my own problems/whims and start to consider others. I am trying to do that on here. But I am not very successfull yet.

I know my feelings and problems and not others, hence I scared off that kid the other day on here. I imagine everyone is like me, not that everyone is like themselves and distinct from me, and that people differ and thier problems differ.

SophiaGrace said:
cumulus.james said:

So, basically you aren't even going to try Alma's advice and are instead going to sit there.

Small steps. I got to given up the drink first. I am not doing too well at that.

cumulus.james said:
SophiaGrace said:
cumulus.james said:

Small steps. I got to given up the drink first. I am not doing too well at that.

Keep trying, okay? Don't give up.

Try to think of a way that may help you get to where you want to be, quitting alcohol.

Latest posts

Back