Jon Kabat-Zinn: Coming to Our Senses

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score

he is 147 years old too. so its doimg him some good.

Renowned mindfulness meditation teacher and best-selling author Jon Kabat-Zinn speaks at UCSD Medical Center on the topic of "Coming to Our Senses", which is also the name of his new book, subtitled "Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness". A pioneer in the application of ancient Buddhist practices to healing in modern medical settings, Kabat-Zinn expounds upon the value of "resting in awareness" not only to facilitate clarity in ourselves, but also as a means of relating to and healing the "dis-ease" in politics, society and the world.

cumulus.james said:
best-selling author Jon Kabat-Zinn speaks at UCSD Medical Center on the topic of "Coming to Our Senses", which is also the name of his new book, subtitled "Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness". A pioneer in the application of ancient Buddhist practices to healing in modern medical settings,

The book that I keep out in my living room and never put into the basement storage is his full catastrophe living --

LonelySutton said:
cumulus.james said:
best-selling author Jon Kabat-Zinn speaks at UCSD Medical Center on the topic of "Coming to Our Senses", which is also the name of his new book, subtitled "Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness". A pioneer in the application of ancient Buddhist practices to healing in modern medical settings,

The book that I keep out in my living room and never put into the basement storage is his full catastrophe living --

I've not read it yet. Any good?

I don't want to be a party pooper but he was born in 1944, so he's not 147 years old. But he does look good for his age.

cumulus.james said:

AWSOME. I mean it is more like an encyclopedia of how to live in this world. Highly recommended.

LonelySutton said:
cumulus.james said:

AWSOME. I mean it is more like an encyclopedia of how to live in this world. Highly recommended.

I'll stick it on the Amazon wish list.

SophiaGrace said:
I don't want to be a party pooper but he was born in 1944, so he's not 147 years old. But he does look good for his age.

Just a bit of British sarcasm.

I have his book Wherever You Go, There You Are. I 've picked it up a few times over the years when I've had some problems and needed to relax so I could think clearly. I'm completely non-religious but I like some of the tenets of Buddhism.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
I have his book Wherever You Go, There You Are. I 've picked it up a few times over the years when I've had some problems and needed to relax so I could think clearly. I'm completely non-religious but I like some of the tenets of Buddhism.

-Teresa

I'm non religeous either. But there is some good evidence of the effectiveness of minfulness meditation. It has been demonstrated to reduce inflamation in the body amongst other things. Inflimmation is strongly linked to cancer. So it may very well lessen ones chances of getting cancer. This is in addition to helping one be at peace with one's self.

Latest posts

Back