My attempt at expression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ1982

Reaction score
Abstract walls I can't climb
Fantasies and daydreams impossible to define
Loneliness to heartbreaking degrees
Sadness regret mental atrocities

Nostalgic liquid sets me free
Gives me sight only to blind me
Freedom to talk and express
Or just comfort in distress

A perfect moment in midnight snow
A fleeting daydream that made my dark soul glow
A warm fantasy that melted my cold heart
A kiss that made my love yours from the start

Waking up to a shattered mind
Looking for things I don't know how to find
Critics telling me what I should do
Watch me pick up pieces without glue.

I don't expect rave reviews or anything lol, and forgive any poor grammar it's a lack of mainstream education. Just having a crack at expressing myself in some way.

I wish I had the skill to write poetry like that. Alas, I am without a muse!

Thanks for the replies, I know its not great lol just me getting things out there. Always wanted to be able to be artistic with words like the songs and things like that I like. But robbing myself of education I realise I robbed myself of any chance of that too.

Hello,Aj and welcome to the forum!

Nice poetry,thank you for sharing!

sothatwasmylife said:
Magalie said:

It's a good thing to do...the English language is pretty cool..painting pictures with words

Yes definitely, there's songs and poems out there that can bring me to tears, none I'll metion here for fear of embarrassment lol. Looked at you bio mate and I couldn't agree more!

Magalie said:

Thank you, I feel welcome here.

Ioann said:
I wish I had the skill to write poetry like that. Alas, I am without a muse!

The muse is in you matey! I know nothing of poetry or song writing even though if I had one wish it'd be to be able to write something really great. But its just writing how we feel ay it? I'm sure what I've wrote will seem like crap to 99% of the people that read it, but there's that 1% who'll maybe feel 1% of how I feel that'll get what I'm saying and like it. Same with songs really I love my plenty of songs I know people absolutely hate but it's just I get those songs in a way they don't neither my love nor their disdain matter really, sorry I'm going off on one lol I suppose everything is marmite is what I'm saying. Some love things some hate those same things.

Hey, welcome! I really enjoyed the poem, you did a really nice job, thanks for sharing!

Poetry, as any form of art, is a great way to express your feelings, keep it up!

I'm looking forward to more!

Erevetot said:
Hey, welcome! I really enjoyed the poem, you did a really nice job, thanks for sharing!

Poetry, as any form of art, is a great way to express your feelings, keep it up!

I'm looking forward to more!

Thank you. I'll keep trying :)

Latest posts

Back