Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your favourite seasons, from most favourite to least and why?
So, I am sitting here in my cozy livingroom, looking at the snow falling gently outside my window - I am thinking of how much I love winter...almost as much as I love fall. Haha, it is always such a hard decision between the two for me. All of this has me wondering what your favourite seasons are and why? Is there a certain feeling you get, maybe a particular smell or memory that makes you happy?

For me, my favourites are:

Fall: Love the smells, the colours of the leaves, the crispness in the air, jumping in piles of leaves, thoughts of baking yummy comforting food, the sense that nature is buttoning down for the winter and getting all cozy...

Followed very closely by winter: (but only if there is snow - I used to live on Vancouver Island where it rained all winter and was constantly grey, I used to find it positively oppressive, hated it) love the crunchy sound of snow underfoot, the feel of cold air against my skin, the absolute peace and quiet that snow brings, building snowmen and angels, wicked snowball fights, the way it sparkles in the sunlight...

Spring: thoughts of gardening, the rich smell of the earth awakening, digging in the dirt with bare hands, planting seeds, walking barefoot...

Summer: not such a huge fan of summer, would probably like it more if it didn't get so hot where I live. 40+ temperatures and me don't mix well, haha. Swimming is fun at a secluded lake somewhere, water fights.
(12-06-2014, 01:57 AM)ringwood Wrote: So, I am sitting here in my cozy livingroom, looking at the snow falling gently outside my window - I am thinking of how much I love winter...almost as much as I love fall. Haha, it is always such a hard decision between the two for me. All of this has me wondering what your favourite seasons are and why? Is there a certain feeling you get, maybe a particular smell or memory that makes you happy?

For me, my favourites are:

Fall: Love the smells, the colours of the leaves, the crispness in the air, jumping in piles of leaves, thoughts of baking yummy comforting food, the sense that nature is buttoning down for the winter and getting all cozy...

Followed very closely by winter: (but only if there is snow - I used to live on Vancouver Island where it rained all winter and was constantly grey, I used to find it positively oppressive, hated it) love the crunchy sound of snow underfoot, the feel of cold air against my skin, the absolute peace and quiet that snow brings, building snowmen and angels, wicked snowball fights, the way it sparkles in the sunlight...

Spring: thoughts of gardening, the rich smell of the earth awakening, digging in the dirt with bare hands, planting seeds, walking barefoot...

Summer: not such a huge fan of summer, would probably like it more if it didn't get so hot where I live. 40+ temperatures and me don't mix well, haha. Swimming is fun at a secluded lake somewhere, water fights.

Spring and Autumn joint first, summer next then Winter.

I hate snow mainly because I can't play golf and everything grinds to an halt. I don't like hot weather that much. Everybody seem to come out of the woodwork in the summer. It's busy everywhere, people milling round, no piece and quiet. I don't mind cold weather. Our months tend to be different each year. March is sometimes windy or rainy, sometimes it snows, occasionally it's really mild. I think my favourite month is August - start of the football season Smile
Gah. Hmm... a bit tough to choose favorites. I love them for different reasons. In no particular order:

Spring - With the snow melting, the grass usually looks a bit greener. Also, it sort of has the silence of winter with the life of summer. Giant melting piles of snow is also a bit of a pretty sight.

Summer - Usually boiling, so no need for heavy jackets. Also, longer days and warmer nights.

Fall - The best rain and storms comes around this time. Rain is also pretty frequent, which I like. Also not as boiling as summer, but still warm.

Winter - Very atmospheric. Snow offers a nice change and allows me to pull out the winter jacket and pretend it's power armor (no seriously, it's actually pretty fun) Also, outside is rather quiet, so it's nice for a calm walk. The streetlights also sometimes reflect off of the snow and make this beautiful red sky. Snow can be atmospheric as well, and can be a bit like fog, adding to the tranquillity.
I am known as a walrus, but at the same time, it's tea time, so naturally, a fiddle is really a shoe in disguise as a pear.
My list looks like yours, ringwood.

My favorite is autumn.
Followed closely by winter.
Then spring.
Then summer. Honestly there's hardly a thing I like about summer, except for maybe thunderstorms, swimming, and fireflies (though I don't see them often in this area). I'm usually just waiting out the summer for fall to come back, lol.

My top four favorite months are October, December, March, and May.
Fall
Spring
Winter
Summer (I loathe the heat)
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
(12-06-2014, 07:06 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: (I loathe the heat)

+1 though I prefer it over having to shovel show and driving on icy/snowy roads.
(12-06-2014, 07:15 AM)SophiaGrace Wrote:

+1 though I prefer it over having to shovel show and driving on icy/snowy roads.

LOL...not me. I'll shovel the snow.
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
(12-06-2014, 07:16 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote:

I have a quarter mile long driveway.
(12-06-2014, 07:17 AM)SophiaGrace Wrote:
(12-06-2014, 07:16 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote:

I have a quarter mile long driveway.

Shovel your own snow.

lol :p I'd still rather deal with snow than heat.
i try to find different things to like about each season. i dont have a particular order either.

i like spring because i like how it feels to have a whole year ahead. and i like the sight and smell of the plants when they bloom again. i especially like the tulips and magnolias.

i like summer because of the long days and the nights so warm you can walk in shorts. i also like to bike ride and swim. i like the smell of summer rain, and the sights of bumblebees, butterflies, dragonflies, and fireflies. i like the songs of the cicadas in the afternoon and being lullabied to sleep by the crickets.

i like fall, of course, because of the leaves. they stayed on for quite a while this year, and were really vibrant in color, much more than usual.

(12-06-2014, 04:07 AM)Mr Seal The Albatros Wrote: Winter - Very atmospheric. Snow offers a nice change and allows me to pull out the winter jacket and pretend it's power armor (no seriously, it's actually pretty fun) Also, outside is rather quiet, so it's nice for a calm walk. The streetlights also sometimes reflect off of the snow and make this beautiful red sky.

i used to do that too, only i pretended my coat was Hoth gear from Star Wars. i like winter mostly because my dog likes it. it makes him perky and playful and he really likes to go for his walks in it. he also likes to play in the snow and catch snowballs and knock down snowmen. and i like the way falling snow looks under streetlights.

so theres something for me in all seasons.
If you are interested in connecting on Skype or Facebook, send me a Private Message here and I'll get back to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your favourite day of the year? Seahorse 4 1,085 03-13-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
Cool What has your favourite thing been or happened in 2015? Serenia 11 3,095 01-20-2016, 01:43 AM
Last Post: constant stranger
  What's your favourite animal? Rosebolt 41 6,426 08-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Last Post: edgecrusher
Toungue Favourite Art and Artists Lippy_Kid 16 4,449 04-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Phaedron
  What is your favourite non western culture and why? Rosebolt 7 2,086 03-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Smokey
  Name your favourite songs monkeysocks 6 1,461 12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Barbaloot
  A favourite quote? Sk8aboi 7 2,047 10-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Gutted
  Your Favourite Art Thread ajdass1 12 4,159 06-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  What was your favourite cartoon/programme as a child? Nancy 48 11,265 06-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Last Post: LoneKiller
  Favourite band at the moment? Zetsubou-Sensei 23 5,560 06-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Barbaloot