What are your favourite seasons, from most favourite to least and why?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ringwood

Reaction score
So, I am sitting here in my cozy livingroom, looking at the snow falling gently outside my window - I am thinking of how much I love winter...almost as much as I love fall. Haha, it is always such a hard decision between the two for me. All of this has me wondering what your favourite seasons are and why? Is there a certain feeling you get, maybe a particular smell or memory that makes you happy?

For me, my favourites are:

Fall: Love the smells, the colours of the leaves, the crispness in the air, jumping in piles of leaves, thoughts of baking yummy comforting food, the sense that nature is buttoning down for the winter and getting all cozy...

Followed very closely by winter: (but only if there is snow - I used to live on Vancouver Island where it rained all winter and was constantly grey, I used to find it positively oppressive, hated it) love the crunchy sound of snow underfoot, the feel of cold air against my skin, the absolute peace and quiet that snow brings, building snowmen and angels, wicked snowball fights, the way it sparkles in the sunlight...

Spring: thoughts of gardening, the rich smell of the earth awakening, digging in the dirt with bare hands, planting seeds, walking barefoot...

Summer: not such a huge fan of summer, would probably like it more if it didn't get so hot where I live. 40+ temperatures and me don't mix well, haha. Swimming is fun at a secluded lake somewhere, water fights.

ringwood said:
So, I am sitting here in my cozy livingroom, looking at the snow falling gently outside my window - I am thinking of how much I love winter...almost as much as I love fall. Haha, it is always such a hard decision between the two for me. All of this has me wondering what your favourite seasons are and why? Is there a certain feeling you get, maybe a particular smell or memory that makes you happy?

For me, my favourites are:

Fall: Love the smells, the colours of the leaves, the crispness in the air, jumping in piles of leaves, thoughts of baking yummy comforting food, the sense that nature is buttoning down for the winter and getting all cozy...

Followed very closely by winter: (but only if there is snow - I used to live on Vancouver Island where it rained all winter and was constantly grey, I used to find it positively oppressive, hated it) love the crunchy sound of snow underfoot, the feel of cold air against my skin, the absolute peace and quiet that snow brings, building snowmen and angels, wicked snowball fights, the way it sparkles in the sunlight...

Spring: thoughts of gardening, the rich smell of the earth awakening, digging in the dirt with bare hands, planting seeds, walking barefoot...

Summer: not such a huge fan of summer, would probably like it more if it didn't get so hot where I live. 40+ temperatures and me don't mix well, haha. Swimming is fun at a secluded lake somewhere, water fights.

Spring and Autumn joint first, summer next then Winter.

I hate snow mainly because I can't play golf and everything grinds to an halt. I don't like hot weather that much. Everybody seem to come out of the woodwork in the summer. It's busy everywhere, people milling round, no piece and quiet. I don't mind cold weather. Our months tend to be different each year. March is sometimes windy or rainy, sometimes it snows, occasionally it's really mild. I think my favourite month is August - start of the football season :)

Gah. Hmm... a bit tough to choose favorites. I love them for different reasons. In no particular order:

Spring - With the snow melting, the grass usually looks a bit greener. Also, it sort of has the silence of winter with the life of summer. Giant melting piles of snow is also a bit of a pretty sight.

Summer - Usually boiling, so no need for heavy jackets. Also, longer days and warmer nights.

Fall - The best rain and storms comes around this time. Rain is also pretty frequent, which I like. Also not as boiling as summer, but still warm.

Winter - Very atmospheric. Snow offers a nice change and allows me to pull out the winter jacket and pretend it's power armor (no seriously, it's actually pretty fun) Also, outside is rather quiet, so it's nice for a calm walk. The streetlights also sometimes reflect off of the snow and make this beautiful red sky. Snow can be atmospheric as well, and can be a bit like fog, adding to the tranquillity.

My list looks like yours, ringwood.

My favorite is autumn.
Followed closely by winter.
Then spring.
Then summer. Honestly there's hardly a thing I like about summer, except for maybe thunderstorms, swimming, and fireflies (though I don't see them often in this area). I'm usually just waiting out the summer for fall to come back, lol.

My top four favorite months are October, December, March, and May.

SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:
SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:
(I loathe the heat)

+1 though I prefer it over having to shovel show and driving on icy/snowy roads.

LOL...not me. I'll shovel the snow.

I have a quarter mile long driveway.

Shovel your own snow.

lol :p I'd still rather deal with snow than heat.

i try to find different things to like about each season. i dont have a particular order either.

i like spring because i like how it feels to have a whole year ahead. and i like the sight and smell of the plants when they bloom again. i especially like the tulips and magnolias.

i like summer because of the long days and the nights so warm you can walk in shorts. i also like to bike ride and swim. i like the smell of summer rain, and the sights of bumblebees, butterflies, dragonflies, and fireflies. i like the songs of the cicadas in the afternoon and being lullabied to sleep by the crickets.

i like fall, of course, because of the leaves. they stayed on for quite a while this year, and were really vibrant in color, much more than usual.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Winter - Very atmospheric. Snow offers a nice change and allows me to pull out the winter jacket and pretend it's power armor (no seriously, it's actually pretty fun) Also, outside is rather quiet, so it's nice for a calm walk. The streetlights also sometimes reflect off of the snow and make this beautiful red sky.

i used to do that too, only i pretended my coat was Hoth gear from Star Wars. i like winter mostly because my dog likes it. it makes him perky and playful and he really likes to go for his walks in it. he also likes to play in the snow and catch snowballs and knock down snowmen. and i like the way falling snow looks under streetlights.

so theres something for me in all seasons.

I like all the seasons too, I especially enjoy the moments where one season is transitioning to another.

The energies are in a state of flux throughout the year...

Indeed it seems that the only true constant is that of change.

1. Not Winter
2. Not Winter
3. Not Winter
4. Not Winter

538. Winter

Winter is definitely on top. Even though my body tries everything to ruin that season for me...starting with my permanently cold limbs and ending with sweating too fast when I move in my thick clothes. But I still like the cold weather cause it keeps the people of the streets and the world is so serene and quiet outside.

Autumn and spring share second place. Both are pretty much neutral to me.

Summer takes the last place. Back in the old days, I enjoyed it cause one of my best friends had a swimming pool. That made summer actually enjoyable...now I just feel like roastbeef if I have to spend too much time in the sun. And I definitely have to cause it's lawn-mowing season at my parents.

Anything cool or cold comes first.
Anything hot or warm last. I just don't like having to deal with heat and sweat when I don't ask for it.

1. Spring, love the fresh spring air. There is also more daylight than winter, without things being too bright or too hot. Things are in the right balance for me, nature is coming back to life, etc.
2. Winter, I don't like it when it's very cold, but I love it when the temperature is mild. I like that things are quiet and peaceful. There is something about winter that makes it easier to sit down and think, reflect quietly about things, like the year that's just passed.
3. Summer. I never feel I'm able to enjoy summer as much as imagine I should. It's like it's always too hot to think clearly. I don't enjoy the activities that is commonly enjoyed in summer, like being at the beach. Any way, I enjoy the smell of certain kinds of flowers outside.
4. Fall, it's mostly fine, but there tends to be a period until the snow comes, where there is little daylight, all the leaves on the trees are gone, and it's just rainy/cloudy. It makes me feel down, everything feels dead. It varies, but it was particularly bad this year.

Love them all for different things. Will describe in order of seasons then!

1. Spring, newness of everything, lambs, new growth, colourful flowers, new foliage, fresh dewy air, Spring sunshine the hint of warmth, breaking out spring clothes, past colours, Easter, Spring veg, eating salads again. Spring showers.
2. Summer, hot sun on your skin, loose cool clothes. Lying in the shade warm, swimming in he sea and lakes, late summer light, bright green leaves, beautiful abundances of flowers in bright vivid colours, the smell of cut grass, after a long day kicking shoes off and getting bottle of beer from the fridge, seasonable veg again.
3. Autumn, amazing colours of leaves, kicking leaves, picking conkers, just need a thick jumper on, bright cool mornings, dark nights drawing in gently, bonfire night, treacle toffee, parkin, again seasonable veg, going back to soups, November rain (need to listen to it now).
4. Winter, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, wrapping up in hat, scarf gloves, boots, snow, snowball fights, building snowmen, Christmas dinner, seeing all the Christmas lights, again seasonable veg, wrapping presents, baking for presents. Watching the snow falling from my living room with the fire on and candles lit. Pantomimes never to old to enjoy them!

winter- there`s snow and it`s my birthday
spring- fresh air, rebirth of nature
summer- gazing at the sun, nice weather in the mountains
autumn- colour of leaves

Spring and Summer are my favorites. :) Spring is so lovely when the nature comes back to life, it's so beautiful. Birds start singing again and flowers start blooming slowly. <3 Fall and Winter are beautiful too in their own ways. Winter is so cold, dark and snowy with a touch of melancholy. Fall has lot of pretty deep colors and you wish that you could paint every scenery because the nature is so beautiful!

My favourite season is Autumn, its warm but not hot and I love seeing all the leaves falling of the trees. Then would be Winter, I much prefer to be cold than hot, its alot easier for me to get warm than to cool down. I really like snow, I like going for walks in the snow. Next is Spring, I like Spring, its cool and all the flowers start growing back. I dont like Summer, I like the sun and I like it when its warm and dry but I hate being hot, I hate getting sweaty, when its too hot I dont feel like doing anything and usually dont get alot done.

Latest posts

Back