Science and ready-meals rant

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
Isn't science great?

For a start it has provided me with the means with which to communicate with you. We have our computers, genetics, medicine, endless new materials.

Yes. Endless new materials. That is what I said, with vast swelling vats of new adhesives and polymers being tested and patented all the time. New alloys, and plastics. Graphene, a material said long ago to be about to ignite revolution in manufacturing any time soon.

Then we have physics, specifically that of Newtonian classical mechanics, we understand forces, pulleys and leavers, we can do a bit of maths to show where the cannonball will land and with what impact.

Why? Then

Why? I must ask the scientists

WHY CAN'T I OPEN MY DINNER!!!!!!!!!!

Meal for one, as you might imagine being on here. Turn the oven to 180 degrees – check. Remove sleeve – check. Peel back film lid......

Just for that little bit of ease, just for my day to go that little bit better, is it too much to ask for a tab with which to peel back said film lid and the adhesive gauged just right such that it protects my food whilst allowing me to access it?

The film melts onto the tray. I suggest carefully running a knife inside the edge. It's not peeling it back or whatever, but it's easy to do, and you don't have to mess about with melted plastic on a cardboard tray.

VanillaCreme said:
The film melts onto the tray. I suggest carefully running a knife inside the edge. It's not peeling it back or whatever, but it's easy to do, and you don't have to mess about with melted plastic on a cardboard tray.

No you have to remove it before you cook it. I have had several such opponents of late. I am sure it never used to be like this. I am sure they had tabs and you could peel them.

In my current paranoid state I am utterly convinced they do it to wind me up. The lefty in me thinks they are doing it to taunt people who eat cheap readymeals. ;)

On a related topic

2la4il5.jpg

Haha. Maybe they just want to irritate us. I'm a lefty too. But honestly, I'll take a knife to something faster than I should. I refuse to stand in the kitchen all day when I'm trying to get done cooking, fighting with opening something. F it. Just use a knife.

VanillaCreme said:
Haha. Maybe they just want to irritate us. I'm a lefty too. But honestly, I'll take a knife to something faster than I should. I refuse to stand in the kitchen all day when I'm trying to get done cooking, fighting with opening something. F it. Just use a knife.

That creates washing up, the very opposite I am trying to achieve by eating ready meals

Latest posts

Back