Why am I NOT depressed, miserable and sad ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Singed

Reaction score
When in reality I SHOULD BE! I am looking at my wrap sheet and it is PATHETIC! I mean across the board its just sad. I cant seem to get a date to save my life. I am a late bloomer in almost every aspect. Always had an issue with my appearance...I am an ugly dude. I haven't been laid in forever! I am broke. My 'career' choices have been elementary at best. You name it I am average or bottom of the barrel.

However, I rarely if ever feel sad or depressed. I only truly feel sad is when I am honestly running extremely low on money and or facing homelessness. Then I sink to a new level of depression. It sucks when you honestly have no one to call to help you. However, those moments are very rare for me in life I try an be-sure that never happens to me. Its either that or when someone I truly cares about dies . Well considering the ONLY person I truly cared about had already passed--My Grandmother! LOVED HER! People have NO idea. Sure I love my mom as well but she can be very unlovable at times--nothing like my grandmother! Oh yea that and the Holidays. Any of em, they all suck imo.

I know I SHOULD be but I often find myself laughing...A lot! Alone sure but I laugh my ASS off alone. I always find comedy in something . Not saying that has gotten me any where in life but I do wonder why I am not an angry or depressed person of the world.

Maybe you just happen to have an optimistic and cheerful temperament. Or maybe you have some good things in your life as well which help to balance the scales.
I have found that sometimes, when I hit rockbottom, I will find myself suddenly laughing at times, because things are so hopeless that it is unbelievable.

I think you just get used to your life being the way it is. I should be depressed, I dont have any friends, I dont have a boyfriend, I dont really see my family very often, I spend most of my time alone and I'm fine. I think Ive just got used to this being how my life is. I want things to be different and I'm hopeful that my life wont be this way forever but right now I'm Ok. I'm usually in a good mood, I laugh alot, I joke around with people, things are good :) I always think things could be alot worse, atleast I'm healthy and Ive got somewhere to live and food to eat.

Singed said:
When in reality I SHOULD BE! I am looking at my wrap sheet and it is PATHETIC! I mean across the board its just sad. I cant seem to get a date to save my life. I am a late bloomer in almost every aspect. Always had an issue with my appearance...I am an ugly dude. I haven't been laid in forever! I am broke. My 'career' choices have been elementary at best. You name it I am average or bottom of the barrel.

However, I rarely if ever feel sad or depressed. I only truly feel sad is when I am honestly running extremely low on money and or facing homelessness. Then I sink to a new level of depression. It sucks when you honestly have no one to call to help you. However, those moments are very rare for me in life I try an be-sure that never happens to me. Its either that or when someone I truly cares about dies . Well considering the ONLY person I truly cared about had already passed--My Grandmother! LOVED HER! People have NO idea. Sure I love my mom as well but she can be very unlovable at times--nothing like my grandmother! Oh yea that and the Holidays. Any of em, they all suck imo.

I know I SHOULD be but I often find myself laughing...A lot! Alone sure but I laugh my ASS off alone. I always find comedy in something . Not saying that has gotten me any where in life but I do wonder why I am not an angry or depressed person of the world.

Good for you !

That's a good thing, Singed. It may not seem like much to you cos it comes naturally but I think that takes great effort to be able to continue to smile and laugh despite whatever honeysuckle that's happening or happened in your life.

Latest posts

Back