Causes of Weak Social Skills

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

http://www.succeedsocially.com/relatedfactors

This article doesn't have any practical advice in it. It's more about understanding how you may have become the way you are. It may also be encouraging in the sense that it shows that plenty of other people have been in your situation as well.

I've noticed people with social issues are pretty interested at looking into their childhoods and speculating about what caused them to end up as shy, awkward adults. I've also gotten a few emails asking me questions along the lines of, "What do you think causes poor people skills? Such and such happened to me as a kid, and I feel like that was a reason for me. What do you think?"

This article will list some of the inborn and life experience factors that can lead to weak people skills. I used the word 'causes' in the article's title for simplicity's sake, but I don't want to imply that if a factor is present it automatically and directly leads to problems. It's more that they can nudge some people in the direction of becoming more socially awkward. However, not everyone who experiences them is affected to the same degree.

Latest posts

Back