Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with life?
Life is like a big fat old elephant. It eats too much, and does very little. It demands a lot from us, but the prizes are very little. So, I'd like to ask all of you, how do you deal with what life is? How do you find the motivation to live it?
I find purpose and beauty in a good walk, a good view, good food, a good book, good music, good films, good conversation and love, with a sprinkling of good sex lol

All the above makes it all worthwhile
^( ;,; )^ 'Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!' ^( ;,; )^

Quote:The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
H.P. Lovecraft - The Call of Cthulhu
When one meaning goes, I go and find another.
(12-14-2014, 05:48 AM)Lady X Wrote: I find purpose and beauty in a good walk, a good view, good food, a good book, good music, good films, good conversation and love, with a sprinkling of good sex lol

All the above makes it all worthwhile

^^ Pretty much this for me. Have fun. See beauty in every aspect. Scavenge some good when something turns bad. That sort of thing. Why have a meaning, when I can just have fun?
I am known as a walrus, but at the same time, it's tea time, so naturally, a fiddle is really a shoe in disguise as a pear.
food and internet? no, jk

yesterday I heard a sentence on tv that stuck with me: how do you go through difficult moments?"
"you decide who you are, who you want to be, and you stick with that, you follow that, you make that your life."
(something like that)
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.”

<a href=
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2d4joqp8cA/Tq...29alt2.png </a>
Live life day by day. I enjoy work a lot, so I go to work. How do you all stay so positive? It's nice to read about. Thanks.
(12-14-2014, 10:04 AM)Peaches Wrote: yesterday I heard a sentence on tv that stuck with me: how do you go through difficult moments?"
"you decide who you are, who you want to be, and you stick with that, you follow that, you make that your life."
(something like that)

I deal with it this way. The way I have heard it and say it to myself is not the same as what Peaches wrote, but it's the same meaning.

I deal with life because no one else can do it for me, because no one else would deal with my life as well as I can. Life is what you make it, whether you want to believe that or not. There is more to life than negativity and until you realize that and start seeing some positive things in life, you will be stuck where you are.

Go a day without complaining. Just one day, no negative thoughts or actions. Just go about your business without once having something negative on your mind. See how you feel. Hell, even a half day or an hour or two. What's the worst that could happen?
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
(12-14-2014, 01:55 AM)ordinaryDude Wrote: Life is like a big fat old elephant. It eats too much, and does very little. It demands a lot from us, but the prizes are very little. So, I'd like to ask all of you, how do you deal with what life is? How do you find the motivation to live it?

“I think I could turn and live with animals, theyre so placid and
self contained,
I stand and look at them long and long.
They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,
They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,
Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the mania of
owing things,
Not one kneels to another, nor to his kind that lived thousands
of years ago,
Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth.”

-Walt Whitman
I'm a workaholic, and least when I'm able to get out of bed.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Like this usually: Club
♆☾♄♆

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best things in life are free Enpatsu No Shakugan 22 3,362 02-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  What song best describes your life right now? EveWasFramed 266 38,720 01-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  Why is human life so long? Do you find it too long? ordinaryDude 42 9,669 12-18-2018, 09:18 AM
Last Post: BadGuy
  Five Million Dollars or True Love For the Rest of Your Life Bones 97 13,134 11-16-2018, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Paul Bauman
  The Disastrous Life of Saiki K cheers me up. Naizo 0 727 08-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Naizo
  If you had another chance at life..... Joturbo 22 5,384 07-03-2018, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Noodlez
  If you had another chance at life..... Joturbo 0 1,201 04-06-2018, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Joturbo
  5 People in Real Life Doubt The Rabbit 190 51,675 02-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: TheLoadedDog
  Life lessons from 2017? Tealeaf 12 2,428 12-05-2017, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  What Keeps You Going in Life? Komodo 36 4,892 10-20-2017, 07:59 PM