How do you deal with life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is almost like rocky 4, i get punched every day but in the end somehow i keep going until i will beat the hell out of that russian, actually i'm at round 6 when drago starts to bleed

It seems like one hurdle after the other and I always think, after this next one life will be better, but there's always another hurdle waiting. I really want a comprehensive plan for the final 1/3rd of my life.

Food, I forgot to mention food :) I usually eat very healthy but just lately I've been eating what ever the hell I want. Who cares if I get fat, no one sees me any way lol

I watch my favorite tv shows where the characters really care about each and imagine how nice that would feel :)

Seahorse said:
I watch my favorite tv shows where the characters really care about each and imagine how nice that would feel :)

I watch reruns of family comedies of 50 years ago (which were fantasies even then)....when i was living a happier and less complicated life of a boy.  In a city that has changed utterly and is in the hands of a different nation now.....and i imagine how nice it would be to have a real time machine.

constant stranger said:
Seahorse said:

I watch reruns of family comedies of 50 years ago (which were fantasies even then)....when i was living a happier and less complicated life of a boy.  In a city that has changed utterly and is in the hands of a different nation now.....and i imagine how nice it would be to have a real time machine.
I enjoy watching shows from my childhood too, I recently watched Grizzly Adams

Lately I just try to enjoy it as much as possible. As you get older and you see people your age dying and developing long term illness it just hits you how little time you have on this earth so best to make the most of it while your able.

In the last two weeks two people we know have died and two developed cancer one of whom is in his early forties , it's so important to live it well don't you think.

Have I already comment on this thread? I'll just say it again. My favourite movies and tv shows get me by - whatever my latest obsession is - at the minute, it's the Avengers films. Oh, and my fiction writing.

hewhowalksalone said:
Have I already comment on this thread? I'll just say it again.  My favourite movies and tv shows get me by - whatever my latest obsession is - at the minute, it's the Avengers films.  Oh, and my fiction writing.

Would be fun to read some of your stories. 🌈

Let the darkness of the world hit you. Live in it a while. Then you might have a chance to see the light.

You just do.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger".
You deal because you can only move forward in time. Going back isnt an option.

I spend a lot of time thinking between Music Theory and Theoretical Astrophysics because...both seem to be infinite in possibilities, and I find a certain art in blending the two together. I also do this same thing with Mythology and Ancient Civilization History. To put it simply: My coping mechanism for dealing with life's stresses is to do the exact opposite of what I want to do instinctively as an introvert. Instead of hiding, I think, and then, experiment from the stance of the scientific method to see what I come up with. This works out for me well as a creative person, because it allows me to think up and play with concepts, and I am somewhat of a tinkerer by my nature as a creative person. I enjoy critical thinking exercises...the trick of balancing it however is to know when you've met your match with it and to try not to burn yourself out with it.

A good example of what I'm getting at with Music Theory and Theoretical Astrophysics is this archived article from NASA's official page: Interpreting the "Song" of a Distant Black Hole

Or the TL;DR version of it for music nerds: It's a 10-Million-Year long note, with a frequency and pitch so low that humans will never hear it, however the sound wave osculation being that large...would be incredible to see. Likely unlikely, however, that's a really cool idea. Essentially, a sound wave that would be to my guestimate of around 7.5 times larger than our Sun...which is 1.3 Million times larger than Earth. My math is probably off (way off, in fact I'm pretty sure it is), I'm sure there's something I'm missing such as the speed of sound, which I'm sure would significantly shave that down as it travels (rather than a static/still effect), but you get where I'm going with the idea. .

I deal with life by...driving myself further down into madness, at least, until I have a reason not to deal with it that way anymore.

IncolaVacui said:
I spend a lot of time thinking between Music Theory and Theoretical Astrophysics because...both seem to be infinite in possibilities, and I find a certain art in blending the two together. I also do this same thing with Mythology and Ancient Civilization History. To put it simply: My coping mechanism for dealing with life's stresses is to do the exact opposite of what I want to do instinctively as an introvert. Instead of hiding, I think, and then, experiment from the stance of the scientific method to see what I come up with. This works out for me well as a creative person, because it allows me to think up and play with concepts, and I am somewhat of a tinkerer by my nature as a creative person. I enjoy critical thinking exercises...the trick of balancing it however is to know when you've met your match with it and to try not to burn yourself out with it.

A good example of what I'm getting at with Music Theory and Theoretical Astrophysics is this archived article from NASA's official page: Interpreting the "Song" of a Distant Black Hole

Or the TL;DR version of it for music nerds: It's a 10-Million-Year long note, with a frequency and pitch so low that humans will never hear it, however the sound wave osculation being that large...would be incredible to see. Likely unlikely, however, that's a really cool idea. Essentially, a sound wave that would be to my guestimate of around 7.5 times larger than our Sun...which is 1.3 Million times larger than Earth. My math is probably off, I'm sure there's something I'm missing such as the speed of sound, which I'm sure would significantly shave that down as it travels (rather than a static/still effect), but you get where I'm going with the idea. .

I deal with life by...driving myself further down into madness, at least, until I have a reason not to deal with it that way anymore.

What is madness, exactly? I remember men being killed for having the madness to say the world wasnt flat and that it orbited around the sun...
Maybe madness is just genius waiting to be understood.

Richard_39 said:
What is madness, exactly? I remember men being killed for having the madness to say the world wasnt flat and that it orbited around the sun...
Maybe madness is just genius waiting to be understood.

Yep, that's kind of how I look at it too. People thought Tesla was mad in his time for the idea of alternating current and wireless electricity, and now we have cell phones.

Latest posts

Back