Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something selfless that you did today
I took a full bag of trash out without being asked.
I'm going to massively stretch the rules of my own thread here, but I was reading the 'Quotes' thread in General Chat and I saw a picture that Zero posted of an old man cradling a lamb and it reminded me of something.

Early one morning, I was walking along a country road when I heard a strange sound. I walked over to where the noises were coming from, and in the long grass by the side of the road I found what appeared to be a very recently born lamb. It was shivering and couldn't seem to stand up and there were no sheep anywhere near. The ground was frosty and all I had on under my jacket was a T-shirt, but I took off my very expensive leather coat and wrapped the lamb in it. I walked the mile or so the vets (while freezing my nuts off) and the vet looked after it until later in the day when it was reunited with it's flock.
I bought some spaghetti and a jar of curry sauce for the local foodbank.
a really old lady who didn't speak the local language was in the wrong bus stop, and I accompanied her to the right stop, and she was holding my hand all the way, so cute
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.”

<a href=
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2d4joqp8cA/Tq...29alt2.png </a>
Coming out of a shop today, I spotted a frail looking elderly lady who looked upset. She was stood there holding the wheel of her shopping trolley baggy thingy, it had obviously come off. I went over and asked if she needed help putting it back on. She handed it to me looking grateful and told me she struggles bending down now. Luckily it went on and reattached ok. She was smiling afterwards saying she didnt know what to do. We had a nice chat and wished each other a Merry Christmas. Is it selfless though, that I joy out of helping her?
I do not need light at the end of the tunnel.  I will light it myself.
I took out another bag of trash and relined the trash container without being asked. Again!
I have a problem calling small things "selfless" I suppose, but I took money out of savings to buy a few extra things for Xmas for my nephew (who lives with me) because my daughter has more gifts than he does. I didn't want him to feel like he wasn't worth as much as her. Sad
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
(12-24-2014, 01:25 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: I have a problem calling small things "selfless" I suppose, but I took money out of savings to buy a few extra things for Xmas for my nephew (who lives with me) because my daughter has more gifts than he does. I didn't want him to feel like he wasn't worth as much as her. Sad

That is selfless though.

(hug) Not many would do that.
I held the door open for a man whose hands were full.
didn't go out yet so not easy to perform a selfless act - is reading books of psychology in order to create a tool that can help people selfless? not sure

I won't earn money from it, that's for sure, and right now I get zero enjoyment in the reading itself
naaa, don't know what it is but it's not selfless

(12-24-2014, 01:25 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: I have a problem calling small things "selfless" I suppose, but I took money out of savings to buy a few extra things for Xmas for my nephew (who lives with me) because my daughter has more gifts than he does. I didn't want him to feel like he wasn't worth as much as her. Sad

that's a delicate thought
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.”

<a href=
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2d4joqp8cA/Tq...29alt2.png </a>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One positive thing you accomplished today... EveWasFramed 1,447 220,551 11-07-2018, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Serenia
  Got a new car today Sci-Fi 21 2,717 08-15-2018, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  What made you smile today? VideoVidiVisum 3,225 218,912 06-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Smile Post something beautiful you have seen today. Serenia 213 35,193 02-13-2017, 11:31 AM
  I went to see a counselor today regarding dating and feeling depressed GrayAndLonesome 12 4,722 02-02-2017, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Mr Seal The Albatros
  Something nice that happened to you today. LonelySutton 6 3,572 01-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: LonesomeDay
  Finished another track today Paraiyar 1 2,301 11-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Veruca
  Today is the happiest day of my life! Mrs Falcon 4 3,275 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Mrs Falcon
  I got the chance to speak Finnish today. Tiina63 3 2,153 05-02-2015, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Tiina63
  I have been dating my girlfriend for the past four months - my birthday today TheLonelyNomad 4 2,669 01-26-2015, 08:04 PM
Last Post: TheLonelyNomad