Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something selfless that you did today
(01-30-2015, 01:29 AM)Cavey Wrote:
(01-30-2015, 01:12 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: Sad Where's MY cream cake? lol

Well, I did think about getting you one, but it would have been rancid by the time it arrived!

Yeah, I know. Toungue It's the thought that counts. Big Grin lol
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
I volunteered today and spent my time raking and burning a lot of cut wood from a nature reserve. Not the most thrilling of tasks but we did a whole lot.
I tried cheering somebody, at the start I failed miserably but I'm glad it turned out good in the end.
[Image: determination.jpg]
Waiting
My ...To make a CHANGE be a CHANGE.. Smile
I helped purchase, pack and deliver 50 Easter eggs to be distributed to sick and poor children.
I bought a hearing aid for a guy from the Philippines. Poor guy has had a terrible life, he can't talk (my friends there, I've known for many years, use sign language to communicate with him) and he can't see well, and lost his hearing at age 5. Oh and had what was first thought to be leprosy but it turns out it's a very bad skin condition that has a long name I can't remember. Poor guy was trying to do hard farm work despite the pain it particularly causes his hands and feet. I am hoping wheat grass ointment will help his skin problem, but not been able to find it locally yet. He can't even remember being able to hear, so he's excited and I'm excited for him, as it will make life some better for him. They said he should get it early next week. He's in his 40's he has no family and had nobody until this friend from there began helping him and eventually he moved in with the folks I know there. So now he at least has a roof over his head, food and people that care. Sick and poor people couldn't ever afford something like this to help his hearing. Money doesn't solve everything but the more ya have the more positive things you can do for others. There is no safety net there for people, while there is a lot wrong with things here, it's still worse for the poor there.

One other very small thing. After reading about the tragic and mysterious death of an Alabama man and his dog, I offered some kind words for his grieving mother looking for answers. This man and his dog were both killed in what appears to be a murder, his truck had been set on fire and he and his dog perished. So sad, he was only 32 and his dog so cute. He really loved his dog. Perhaps you all would add a like to the page and also leave your condolences on the facebook page she set up. I feel very sorry for his mother. She needs all the support and prayers she can get. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-f...33?fref=ts
This news video speaks with her about the tragedy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjB2ZrPDavM

Sorry for the long post, hope you read it all though. Thanks.
Ngilahlekelwe
Not a single thing so far. Guess one of my Selfish run again Toungue
[Image: determination.jpg]
Doing an hour of gardening for a sick relative.
I do not need light at the end of the tunnel.  I will light it myself.
More gardening and he was ok to eat his lunch outside today.
I do not need light at the end of the tunnel.  I will light it myself.
Listened to a stranger who was sitting next to me at the hospital talk about her issues after helping her open her bottled water.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One positive thing you accomplished today... EveWasFramed 1,450 233,872 05-14-2019, 04:58 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Got a new car today Sci-Fi 21 2,866 08-15-2018, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  What made you smile today? VideoVidiVisum 3,225 225,381 06-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Serenia
Smile Post something beautiful you have seen today. Serenia 213 36,495 02-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Serenia
  I went to see a counselor today regarding dating and feeling depressed GrayAndLonesome 12 4,972 02-02-2017, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Mr Seal The Albatros
  Something nice that happened to you today. LonelySutton 6 3,720 01-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: LonesomeDay
  Finished another track today Paraiyar 1 2,419 11-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Veruca
  Today is the happiest day of my life! Mrs Falcon 4 3,440 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Mrs Falcon
  I got the chance to speak Finnish today. Tiina63 3 2,251 05-02-2015, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Tiina63
  I have been dating my girlfriend for the past four months - my birthday today TheLonelyNomad 4 2,767 01-26-2015, 08:04 PM
Last Post: TheLonelyNomad