Something selfless that you did today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a very bad sore eye.. My whole face hurts like hell.. i really find it had to cheer some1 else when i am myself finding it had to smile or in the least open my mouth... but i happened to cheer up 2 people and they told be that they have never been grateful to anyone for being so nice.. :)

Someone was undercharging for their services, so I tipped quite a bit. Does it count as selfless when we just feel bad paying nigh-exploitative prices to someone else in our field?

I went for a long walk in 60+MPH winds and I stopped to pick up several bins and plant pots from the middle of the road.

nothing, it was all ME, ME, ME!

ok yesterday this woman from Russia bought something I was selling on ebay, but didn't know how the actions go so she paid much more than expected, and I am sending her the package basically for the same price as a local package (it's not)

As I was walking into the grocery store this evening, I noticed a ladies wallet in the parking lot. It had a clear pocket on the outside that had a young woman's driver's license in it. I took it into the store and asked the person behind the service desk to write down her name and my telephone number, in case the woman should call to see if someone had turned it in. I also had him verify the contents and write that down as well.
I picked up what I needed and then left the store to go in search of the young woman who lost her wallet. As it happens, I was familiar with her neighborhood, so my thought was to take it to her (hoping the address on her license was correct). She only lived about five minutes from the store. I pulled into her driveway and the garage door was up and there was a car running, with its lights on.
I turned off my truck and got out and walked up to her window. She opened the door and got out and I asked if she was Racheal. She said yes, did you find my wallet? I handed it to her and such a look of relief passed across her face, that I had to smile. She thanked me and asked where I'd found it. She said she wasn't sure if maybe she'd left it at the check-out or dropped it in the parking lot. I told her in the parking lot, just in front of the sore. She hugged me and thanked me and asked if there was anything she could do for me. I told her no, that I was familiar with the neighborhood and it was no convenience at all to bring it. She asked if I was sure and I said yes. She offered me money for returning her wallet and I assured her again, that it was not a big deal. She said, please wait here, so I awkwardly waited as she went into her house and returned a few moments later. She was carrying some flowers she'd purchased at the same grocery store she'd left her wallet at. She handed me some lovely tulips and asked that I please accept them. She asked my name (which I gave) and she said that I was a very kind person and she hoped our paths crossed again someday.
I admit that I was grinning like a mad woman when I left, for two reasons.
One, I love flowers. Two, it's seldom that you can offer someone something so small, but that means so much to them. I've lost wallets before and it's a huge undertaking to have all of your documents replaced, credit cards cancelled, etc. It's actually why I didn't simply turn it in at the store and go on about my business. I didn't know if the person who lost it would notice it soon or remember where they may have lost it. So, turning it in wasn't a guarantee they'd actually ever get it back. So, I took it to her instead.
I'm glad I did. For going out of my way five minutes, I received some lovely flowers, a warm hug, the appreciation of a stranger and was able to help someone in the process.
:) A win/win for me this evening.

I bought cream cakes for the women at the bank. OK, so one of them happens to be my mother, but the rest of them I barely know, so I'm counting that as selfless!

Cavey said:
I bought cream cakes for the women at the bank. OK, so one of them happens to be my mother, but the rest of them I barely know, so I'm counting that as selfless!

:( Where's MY cream cake? lol

EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

:( Where's MY cream cake? lol

Well, I did think about getting you one, but it would have been rancid by the time it arrived!

I volunteered today and spent my time raking and burning a lot of cut wood from a nature reserve. Not the most thrilling of tasks but we did a whole lot.

I helped purchase, pack and deliver 50 Easter eggs to be distributed to sick and poor children.

I bought a hearing aid for a guy from the Philippines. Poor guy has had a terrible life, he can't talk (my friends there, I've known for many years, use sign language to communicate with him) and he can't see well, and lost his hearing at age 5. Oh and had what was first thought to be leprosy but it turns out it's a very bad skin condition that has a long name I can't remember. Poor guy was trying to do hard farm work despite the pain it particularly causes his hands and feet. I am hoping wheat grass ointment will help his skin problem, but not been able to find it locally yet. He can't even remember being able to hear, so he's excited and I'm excited for him, as it will make life some better for him. They said he should get it early next week. He's in his 40's he has no family and had nobody until this friend from there began helping him and eventually he moved in with the folks I know there. So now he at least has a roof over his head, food and people that care. Sick and poor people couldn't ever afford something like this to help his hearing. Money doesn't solve everything but the more ya have the more positive things you can do for others. There is no safety net there for people, while there is a lot wrong with things here, it's still worse for the poor there.

One other very small thing. After reading about the tragic and mysterious death of an Alabama man and his dog, I offered some kind words for his grieving mother looking for answers. This man and his dog were both killed in what appears to be a murder, his truck had been set on fire and he and his dog perished. So sad, he was only 32 and his dog so cute. He really loved his dog. Perhaps you all would add a like to the page and also leave your condolences on the facebook page she set up. I feel very sorry for his mother. She needs all the support and prayers she can get. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Eric-Cates/720803068017733?fref=ts
This news video speaks with her about the tragedy.

Sorry for the long post, hope you read it all though. Thanks.

Listened to a stranger who was sitting next to me at the hospital talk about her issues after helping her open her bottled water.

Latest posts

Back