There's a first time for everything.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostburn

Reaction score
So as many people here, I'm a shy person and I hate the moments where I have to be in the spotlight. I also have irrational dislike for my own voice and because of this I don't really like singing in public. I kinda made facetious vow to never sing in karaoke. Untill last saturday.

My friends have the right attitude about it and often sing in karaoke when it is avaible and they don't take it seriously as nobody should. It is about just having fun afterall. So I was encouraged by my friend to give it a go. I hesitated but decided to do it anyway. Ironic about all this that despite everything I actually enjoy singing (when nobody is listening) and the few times my singing voice has been heard I've recieved only praise. So I waited and when my name was called I took the mic and played the words of the song in my head.

The initial nervousness faded as soon as I uttered the first words and after that I was in my own little world. It was indeed fun and I heard the whole bar singing with me. After my piece I got the biggest applaud of the whole evening and I bowed to all nervously with my blushing face. For some reason even if it only was this random silly little thing, it made me so happy about myself and proud that I overcame my normal anxieties and seized the moment. Life should never be too serious.

Latest posts

Back