-was recenly robbed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simhthmss

Reaction score
hi, um yeah recently this desperate woman who wanted money for drugs robbed me and even frog marched me to the cash machine to prove she had taken my last £10 for food money, I'm told the best she will get is a caution! and i've gotta be scared every time i leave the house and she just gets a telling off???

I'm a libertarian i dont believe in victimless crimes (drug possession etc) but i DO believe when ones person, property or wealth is harmed it should come with grave repercussions, i've just been given an alarm to carry around with me! no mace etc and she most likely will just be cautioned!!!

i have severe social anxiety, severe depression and symptoms of psychosis and this has REALLY messed my head up, am i the only person who thinks she deserves at least 2 months in jail or some thing?

what do you guys think? isn't that a bit too much like a 'don't do it again you naughty girl' attitude, shes 40! she has full moral agency to make her decision and face those consequences.

what do y'all think about all this?

It's clearly ridiculous. That woman would be looking at years in jail if she was in America.

i am a Libertarian.
People who commit crimes should suffer severe penalties.

simhthmss said:
I'm a libertarian i dont believe in victimless crimes (drug possession etc) but i DO believe when ones person, property or wealth is harmed it should come with grave repercussions, i've just been given an alarm to carry around with me! no mace etc and she most likely will just be cautioned!!!

No. You are not a libertarian. Definitely no with those views.

Have a think

Libertarian.

Liberty.

Severe punishment. No Liberty.

The humanist asks why this person did that, and how to help them to not do it again. It is wholly decent to take a fellow human who did something bad and help them to be a good human in the future, it is thoroughly indecent and inhuman to enact revenge on that person.

"An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind"........

no i really am a libertarian, i have and have read endless books on libertarianism and fully understand what it is, im fully in favor of minimal government with a serious amount of checks and balances so the government cannot extortionately steal via taxes, cannot initiate force where it is not warranted and the government should be scared of us not the other way round but it does have necessity when people are robbed and assaulted, i have spent the last 10 years studying political philosophy, i have kymlicas' 'contemporary political philosophy' right in front of me, which goes in to libertarianism in painstaking detail, sorry but i do know what libertarianism is, that aside, this thread is about what happened to me, not a debate on political philosophy please take that to the debate section...i was looking for support on what happened not an irrelevant argument

so you think libertarianism means all crimes are not appropriately punished and we all go about robbing each other? note i said grave consequences...obviously proportionate to the crime, the state should be tiny but we dont have guns here so we have to work within a system where the state holds the monopoly of force i wasn't asking for 15 years in a gulag, but just a telling off for ROBBERY??? really? i think you are the one confused as to the point of libertarianism i'm asking she get more than a telling off shes made me terrified to leave my house....i'm not even going to start; ya just dont know what you're talking about and as a hard core philosopher i've spent many many years reading and teaching philosophy to be qualified to say that. anyhow back to the ACTUAL topic please

simhthmss said:
no i really am a libertarian, i have and have read endless books on libertarianism and fully understand what it is, im fully in favor of minimal government with a serious amount of checks and balances so the government cannot extortionately steal via taxes, cannot initiate force where it is not warranted and the government should be scared of us not the other way round but it does have necessity when people are robbed and assaulted, i have spent the last 10 years studying political philosophy, i have kymlicas' 'contemporary political philosophy' right in front of me, which goes in to libertarianism in painstaking detail, sorry but i do know what libertarianism is, that aside, this thread is about what happened to me, not a debate on political philosophy please take that to the debate section...i was looking for support on what happened not an irrelevant argument

so you think libertarianism means all crimes are not appropriately punished and we all go about robbing each other? i think you are the one confused as to the point of libertarianism i'm asking she get more than a telling off shes made me terrified to leave my house....i'm not even going to start; ya just dont know what you're talking about and as a hard core philosopher i've spent many many years reading and teaching philosophy to be qualified to say that. anyhow back to the ACTUAL topic please

I dislike you. That is all I will say.

you dont know me , only that i took you up on your strange irreverent point about libertarianism rather than the point of this thread which was being robbed, taking a subject way away from its intentional subject, thats called trolling, all i did was point that out i now have to look elsewhere for support, thanks for that!

you invade my thread and then you dont like me? wow, ya got any wires that aren't crossed in there?

if anyone wants to talk pm me please, this thread's kinda been trollfecked...thinking maybe i need to start another thread and ask not to be harangued on it

simhthmss said:
you dont know me , only that i took you up on your strange irreverent point about libertarianism rather than the point of this thread which was being robbed, taking a subject way away from its intentional subject, thats called trolling, all i did was point that out i now have to look elsewhere for support, thanks for that!

you invade my thread and then you dont like me? wow, ya got any wires that aren't crossed in there?

if anyone wants to talk pm me please, this thread's kinda been trollfecked...thinking maybe i need to start another thread and ask not to be harangued on it

I just don't like you or your thread. That is all.

He really isn't trolling you, YOU brought up about being libertarian, that isn't trolling. If you wanted the focus of this thread to be JUST about how you were robbed (sorry to hear about that) it is all you should have mentioned. Anything else you choose to discuss within your topic is open for others to comment on.

That being said, be civil to each other and be respectful. No need to start any mudslinging because of others possibly misinformed information about things.

Sci-Fi said:
He really isn't trolling you, YOU brought up about being libertarian, that isn't trolling. If you wanted the focus of this thread to be JUST about how you were robbed (sorry to hear about that) it is all you should have mentioned. Anything else you choose to discuss within your topic is open for others to comment on.

That being said, be civil to each other and be respectful. No need to start any mudslinging because of others possibly misinformed information about things.

I don't like him. I been forced to do too much stuff I don't like in my life. if I don't like someone I say I don't like them thesedays.

Don't like him. Not trolling him. And thats that.

cumulus.james said:
EveWasFramed said:
cumulus.james said:
Don't like him.

Yeah, we know. You've said it. Repeatedly.

*hides from Sci.* :p

it was worth reiterating.

No it isn't you already made your comment, how would you like it if people went around repeatedly saying that about you? I bet you wouldn't like it either and would moan about it, don't say you wouldn't either, I've read many of your posts on this forum. Make another comment like that and you'll be given time off from this forum, again. Now knock it off.

I dont understand why James doesn't like OP. But don't answer this, it simply doesnt make sense from where i am standing

all i did was disagree with what the guy thinks libertarianism is, i dont dislike him, how can i? i've only seen 3 posts by him! I'm sure we'd get on in real life, i only said I'm libertarian because it neatly clarifies my views on justice and freedoms, to avoid this thread becoming a bottomless pit I'll start another one , i was just here looking for some company, my brothers gone to another country, i've no support and i've been robbed, not winging just wanted some support, I'll start the new thread tomorrow; carefully avoiding anything that can be vaguely debated as this one has been kinda tainted with baffling oddness :p

Why didn't you strangle her, beat her head against the grown and rip out her eyeballs?

It's justified if it's in self defense, especially if your record is clean and she has a history.

There are 7 billion and growing people on this planet of rapidly dwindling space and resources. You either fight or you forfeit your claim to the future.
If your ancestors didn't have this instinct, you wouldn't be here reading this post.

There is no kumbaya, let's all hold hands and get along. That ended a long time ago.

lonelydoc said:
Why didn't you strangle her, beat her head against the grown and rip out her eyeballs?

It's justified if it's in self defense, especially if your record is clean and she has a history.

There are 7 billion and growing people on this planet of rapidly dwindling space and resources. You either fight or you forfeit your claim to the future.
If your ancestors didn't have this instinct, you wouldn't be here reading this post.

There is no kumbaya, let's all hold hands and get along. That ended a long time ago.

Uhm. Advocating violence….

….

………...

What a messed up thread. Politics and religion are not good topics to discuss in mixed company. And lonelydoc suggested beating up the robber? Come on, LD, you can do better than that.

To the OP, I'm curious who told you the robber would only get a caution? Was it a law enforcement official? If not, have you contacted law enforcement? Getting off with slap on the wrist doesn't seem right. And I bet she's done it before.

-Teresa

lonelydoc said:

No it is not. That is referred to as excessive force. You are only allowed to use as much for as necessary to subdue or defuse a situation. And someones record has nothing to do with "justifying it as self defense".

Latest posts

Back