An ispiring story

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
I have just been moved to tears.

I have been following the story of a the "New Era Mums" in London. There has been for the past few years this ongoing process of social cleansing in London, purging and excluding non-rich people from the city. This housing estate full of families who had grown up and built a close community on the estate were to be evicted at Christmas. A ruthless and evil gigantic American corporation came in and bought their estate, wanted to remodel it and triple the rents. These young mums came together, with the help of Russell Brand and they said "No, these are our homes, this is our community, you will not take that away in the name of greed".

And they won. Against an monolithic, ruthless and tyrannical US corporation, they won. A true story of David vs Goliath.

Well done you, the New Era Mums. Bloody well done.

cumulus.james said:

I have been following the story of a the "New Era Mums" in London. There has been for the past few years this ongoing process of social cleansing in London, purging and excluding non-rich people from the city. This housing estate full of families who had grown up and built a close community on the estate were to be evicted at Christmas. A ruthless and evil gigantic American corporation came in and bought their estate, wanted to remodel it and triple the rents. These young mums came together, with the help of Russell Brand and they said "No, these are our homes, this is our community, you will not take that away in the name of greed".

And they won. Against an monolithic, ruthless and tyrannical US corporation, they won. A true story of David vs Goliath.

This is amazing and shows what can be done if you want it and work for it.
Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, as I had heard nothing about it.
This type of thing should make national news.
Power To The People !!!

Jently said:
cumulus.james said:

This is amazing and shows what can be done if you want it and work for it.
Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, as I had heard nothing about it.
This type of thing should make national news.
Power To The People !!!

As many point out, it does not make the national news because the national news is run in by and in the intersts of corperations.

The BBC are actually incredibly biased and firmly right wing for example. Most everything else is owned by News International. The only half decent news outlet is The Guardian, and even they hog the centre and live in fear of offending thier corperate masters.

Latest posts

Back