WILL I BE ALONE FOREVER

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nycdoctor

Reaction score
I been divorced for 3 years now. My last relationship was last year and it last a few months. I have been feeling lonely. I am a great guy.I am a well educated (doctor), independent (financially), secure (emotionally), family oriented, very hard worker, many goals in life, etc. I would say, the right package..but it seem that no one wants me? I am average looking and take good care of myself.

I am on match, pof..eharomony. No luck on any of those site.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

There's no reason you should be alone forever is there ..?

Do you socialize ?

I don't socialize. I work during the week and get home and just sleep and eat.

The weekend I am trying to catch up with everything of the week

nycdoctor said:
I been divorced for 3 years now. My last relationship was last year and it last a few months. I have been feeling lonely. I am a great guy.I am a well educated (doctor), independent (financially), secure (emotionally), family oriented, very hard worker, many goals in life, etc. I would say, the right package..but it seem that no one wants me? I am average looking and take good care of myself.

I've been on all three of those. eHarmony (believe it or not) is the absolute worst of the three. Match.com leaves me with a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. POF wasn't too terribly bad, but you have to week through some very strange people. I don't think any of the sites are they great. I tried zoosk too. Boy was that just a big bundle of weird.

Is it possible that maybe ladies might think you're too busy? You mentioned having a busy schedule.

"I don't know what I am doing wrong."

OMG I totally understand.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

nycdoctor said:

i think i already posted on your thread but its ok i dont mind.
if you still love her then prayer to god if your atheist im sorry if you are then post on your wall that you needs an open relationship its the final way even a well educated man like you looking for lost love you also can try dating site, video chat with unknown people or talk with your friends tell about yoour feelings and problems if you totally blind.then you pm me i'll you

What are you looking for in a woman? Realistic or some 25 year old?
I think it is just hard in general to "stick" with people these days especially if you are busy. It is just hard to see people and be with them and be communicative.

Perhaps it's because doctors are very busy and they think perhaps you won't have enough time for them? I don't know if you're into this but I've been looking at Tarot readings online. I don't know if they can predict the future or not but I find they give me guidance. I do a single card reading every day.
I've wondered the same thing as you in my life. Wondering why I haven't got someone. What I have learned to do is not wonder why as it throws up more questions than answers and drives you mad. Perhaps give your mind a rest about this and the answers might come to you more clearly.

Eharmony keeps insisting that I'm married even though I'm not, never been close and don't know where the hell they would get that idea.

Not much information to go on here, so I am taking a guess, and I am wondering if you are really over what happened with your ex-wife?

Really over her, and the loss of your child .. Yes, I know it was failed IVF but it was an idea of a child, a shadow of a child, and a family.

Women get a fair amount of sympathy for this type of thing, I suspect men don't, so I am wondering if you allowed yourself to grieve?

If not, you have unfinished business which may be hampering you in finding other relationships..and burying yourself in work ain't going to help.

doctor seriously i have a problem. when i'm in restroom i feel headache and all chest hurts like something running inside.

I guess you have a lot of coworkers and maybe some friends from the University.

Latest posts

Back