Christmas Gift Givings.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alma lost her spoon

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread to post which gifts I have bought for folks that I'm excited for them to open....you know, gifts where I feel I might have got it 'right'....I love gift giving, most especially when someone unwraps something & I can see in their face & eyes it brings them even just a small amount of joy.

This year I'm particularly pleased & excited about the following....

My artist friend Lydia, I bought her a set of coloured pencils made of twigs & a hand made leatherbound sketch pad.

My friend Peggy, I'm giving her a blown glass 'friendship' heart. The beauty of the glass & the sentiment I know she will appreciate.

& I got a reindeer antler chew for Flay, I don't know how he'll be with it but the lady in the pet shop assured me it's fairly inert & shouldn't upset his tum.....*fingers crossed

Please post & share what gifts you're looking forward to giving-Merry Chrimbobs everyone!

I suppose I am excited to give gifts to my nieces and nephew.

I got my 2 year old niece a Doc McStuffin's dress up set with a fancy doctor's bag full of weird instruments that light up and make noises. I have no idea who Doc McStuffin is, but she's on all her pyjamas, so it's a safe bet. I also got her some chocolate coins and a Spongebob DVD, because she only gets to see it when she's at my house.

I got my 9 month old nephew an activity centre thing with little slides and balls and other things that look cool to me even though I am 40.

I got my 15 year old niece exactly what I know she wants - MONEY. I was tempted to buy her One Direction dolls and a One Direction musical toothbrush as a joke, but I imagine this may lead to me being blackballed for the foreseeable future :D

My dad always tells me to get him nothing. Every year - nothing. I usually buy him a gag gift like last year I got him a Hayne's Manual for the Starship Enterprise. This year I have gone the safe route and just bought him a 1.5l bottle of gin.

I bought my mum some Thornton's Continental chocolates that she likes. They were supposed to be £30 for 1kg box, but on that day they were reduced to £20, then I had a 3 for 2 voucher and another voucher for 25% off and they let me stack them. I also bought them through topcashback for another £2.80 off. so I ended up with £90 of Thornton's chocolates for £27. When I saw how large the boxes were I thought "OOPS", so I ate one of the boxes myself... that's 4000 calories I just wasted...

I didn't get any of my friends gifts. I was too worried about getting honeysuckle for my kids. Oh well, not the first year it's happened, I'll make them some food and all with be forgiven. :D

As for my kids, pretty much everything. lol My older one is getting a telescope, my younger one is getting one of those Zoomer dog things. Then a bunch of odds and ends for each of them totaling 5 large boxes for me to carry downstairs tonight.
Yes, both my kids still believe in Santa. If my older one doesn't, it would surprise me because he hasn't said anything....although, he didn't want to go talk to Santa this year in the mall... hmm

Cavey said:
When I saw how large the boxes were I thought "OOPS", so I ate one of the boxes myself... that's 4000 calories I just wasted...

Calories don't count when it's chocolate. :club: :p

Latest posts

Back