Hello, I'm Chris.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Chris, and I'm going to be 18 in a month. I'm from the United States, specifically North Carolina. I'm also a Wiccan. I'm a very nice person who is very open minded. I've recently been through an experience that I think will make me unable to love for some time.

When I was 12 years old I discovered the wonderful world of the internet. Answers to everyday issues, playing games with people from around the world, talking to my friends for free whenever I wanted. One of the first things I found on the internet was a girl, her name was Lauren. We met in a chat room, it was the "Teen Chat" section in Java chat rooms. I believe it got shut down due to pedophiles, now there is only adult chat.

Anyways. We talked on that chat room for a few months, then she got me to get AIM. Then my friends all got AIM, my life was pretty much changed for the better then. I lived only 45 minutes from Lauren (though we never met up), we did try to meet many times. We liked each other by the time we were 13, and I was head over heels in love with her by the time I was 14. We knew everything about each other. I could read her like a book, it was good though. We talked about everything in the world. She also helped me through teenage angst and the hardest stages and puberty, and through my suicidal phase. I think she saved me just from being there.

Then, one day when I was just turning 17, she just stopped logging on. I was going to ask to meet her for my birthday, seeing as how I had gotten my driver's license about 2 weeks before. I was completely devastated after a couple of months, it was like living without my shadow. If I didn't have my close friends, I would have been empty.

Then, about a month ago, she just logged on. I lit up and IMed her with WOW!! What's been up?! Then, what she told me then made me feel the worst I've ever felt in my entire life. She was going to college in Ohio and had to move, and also had a boyfriend. It was unreal to me. This girl I had loved for years... Now completely out of reach.

We talk like we used to, but it doesn't seem the same. I love her, and she understands this (we talk about it) and she wants to help me through it. I have admitted that to move on with my life I have to get over her and accept her as just a friend, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Plus, I live in the middle of no where, so there is no one else around here whatsoever. The only way I can move on is to find someone else to love I think. I hope to find love soon (a guy or a girl), otherwise this black hole in my heart will never fill.

Blessed be! :D

-Chris

hey chris :) great to see you round here,some things you said in your post sound familiar to me lol speak to you soon hopefully :D

Hi, Chris. I'm Brandon. I to am going through something similar to this. Refer to my thread in relationships if you want to read up on it.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.

Hey Chris,

welcome to the forums first up.

this is something i definately have a whole lot of experience with, sadly. if you need to talk some time then logon to the chat room. plenty of ppl usually on there.

my advice is don't allow your heart to fool you. you WILL move on and find someone else, and time DOES heal. you have to give it time.

i know right now that you are sat there thinking that this love you feel is special and you can never ever have that again for anyone else. how could you, right, she is perfect. but you will. really.

but try not to dwell on her. i know you will think about her randomly, that's fine, but don't let yourself start thinking oh you might get together. be real, ain't gonna happen. you can't let yourself believe it will or you won't move on. and believe me that will put you in a real bad place where you don't wanna be.

go out there and enjoy your life, in the grand scheme of things your real life is just beginning.

**** i sound kinda cheesy, but to hell with it, it's true. cya around

Hi Chris, nice to have you here ^^

Thanks for sharing your story. So sad, that she is moving away. Good thing that you can still talk to eachother though and still be friends

Welcome Chris

Hi, Chris and welcome. Lot's of nice people here...hope you make a few new friends. I lived in NC for a very long time. Not too far from Charlotte.

ciao~

Hello ((((((Chris))))))) or should I say Merry Meet?
Your heart will heal when you are ready. It's ok to go through these feelings you have right now. I'm glad you made it to us :) I hope you will enjoy your stay. I love the wiccan rede; especially the part that says, and it harm none, do as you will. I am a big believer in not harming others. I also believe in what goes around comes around, I believe you may call it the law of return or three fold law? I had a pagan friend and he would sign his letters to me "In perfect love and perfect trust." What a wonderful concept. Perfect love and perfect trust :) Welcome, and blessed be, little one.

Naleena

But what happened ?why didn't she log on for such a long time?
welcome here

Wow, thank you for such wonderful and caring advice guys. I'll be sure to send some PMs around, I really love the community here (while I was awaiting registration I read through these forums).

EDIT: Incognita, I did actually ask her why and her computer got messed up :(. Ah well stuff happens. I will get over it, you guys make me feel a lot better :D

Hi Chris, I'm Chris welcome to ALL. I have one thing to ask for you and that is please say ACTIVE!!!!

Nice to meet ya

Chris 2 said:
Hi Chris, I'm Chris welcome to ALL. I have one thing to ask for you and that is please say ACTIVE!!!!

Nice to meet ya

Chris2,
Where have you been hiding, sweetie? I've missed you...lol How is your summer going? Playing that 360?

Naleena said:
Chris 2 said:

Nice to meet ya

Chris2,
Where have you been hiding, sweetie? I've missed you...lol How is your summer going? Playing that 360?

AWW your so sweet

No, I quit gaming quite some time now:(

hey chris,

I just read your post and i'm sorry you have to go through that. I know no matter how many times you hear "things will get better" or "you will love again" it's still to hard to believe, but the truth is... those things will happen. You have your whole life ahead of you! I know its hard to find friends in a place where few people are and its even harder to find friends that you truly get along with, but you have to put yourself out there sometimes. I don't want you to get hurt even more, but its like a pool. Sometimes its good to test your toes to feel if its too cold, but other times its best to jump on in. Either way your going to have to get cold and wet if your going to want to enjoy it. Personally i think jumping in is a whole lot funner :)

Latest posts

Back